Sous Chef's Wanted To Make Their Own Rubs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, as stated my Sous Chef's wanted to put together their own rubs. My daughter harvested her first deer this year & we were going to CI cook some of her deer steaks. Of all the seasonings we have in the cupboard, none of them sounded good to them... So they asked "Dad, can we make our own?" I thought, what the heck... we have so many here in the cupboard already... But then said to myself "Chill out", there's a lot of spices & combination of spices that could be used due to what we have in the cupboard. So, I said.. "Yep, go for it". I let them pick the ingredients, just answered their questions as to how much of what to put in... But honestly, they have made a bunch of rubs with me so they pretty well knew how much of what to use... I was kinda proud of em, thinkin... "Hey, they really have been paying attention even though they bicker back & forth". LOL.

My daughter is ten & come up with these ingredients...

image.jpeg

We bottled it up & she give it a name...

image.jpeg

My son is eight & come up with these...

image.jpeg

And he had to name his too...

image.jpeg

We tried a sprinkle of each rub on half the steaks, gotta say... Quite impressed with the flavor of these rubs!

Thanks for lookin all!

Hey Justin. Looks like the sous chef really were paying attention--it's generally a bit hard to tell, huh. I'd eat a deer steak CI fried with those spices and herbs any day.
Congrats to Trystyen on her first (of many) deer.
POINTS to both sous chefs for creating their own rubs.
Gary

Hey Justin. Looks like the sous chef really were paying attention--it's generally a bit hard to tell, huh. I'd eat a deer steak CI fried with those spices and herbs any day.
Congrats to Trystyen on her first (of many) deer.
POINTS to both sous chefs for creating their own rubs.
Gary

Ha, yes my friend.. It's real difficult to know they are paying attention at times... LOL.

They said "thank you" for the kind words & point!

You must be a proud Papa!
It's really great to get your kids involved at such an early age!
Al

I sure am Al, thanks so much!

Can't keep these two away from the smoker or anything to do with it! I'm often asked "What we smokin this weekend Dad"!

Justin sorry for being late,they did a great job it looks good.Hope they wrote their recipes down while making them.Points to them please let them know
Richie

Justin, You'll be able to quit your day job and go full time into rub production. The WHB Clan line of rubs !:)

Justin sorry for being late,they did a great job it looks good.Hope they wrote their recipes down while making them.Points to them please let them know
Richie

Thank you Richie, they really appreciate the kind words & point! We did write down their recipes. Sorry for the very delayed response!

Justin, You'll be able to quit your day job and go full time into rub production. The WHB Clan line of rubs !:)

CM, thanks to them I could possibly do that! They appreciate the like too. Sorry for the very delayed response!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky