Sour Cream Smoked Turkey Enchiladas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Preacher Man

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 28, 2018
Where The River Runs Through It
I can't take credit for this recipe, but I'll definitely share it because it's worth sharing. The Pioneer Woman has a recipe for Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas, so I substituted the smoked turkey I meal-prepped the other day and that kicked it into a whole different gear.

I also used some hatch green chiles that I fire-roasted and put up from this summer (those are hard to come by in Montana!).

Here's her recipe: https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/white-chicken-enchiladas/

You could literally use any meat you wanted to in these and it would come out creamy, cheesy, and delicious!

My personal advice when making enchiladas:

1. Fill up the tortilla like you mean it. Nobody ever made friends by skimping on the enchilada filling. Plus, if you fill 'em up good then people feel better about themselves. Kind of like this: "Man, it only took 2 enchiladas to get me full instead of my normal 5. My resolution to eat less is really starting to work!"
IMG_20190228_171359.jpg

2. Since your doing it anyway, always make a second pan to take to a friend or neighbor. What the world needs is more kindness and care shown to one another. BBQ (or cooking in general) is so easy to do that with. Seriously people, spread some love.
IMG_20190228_180126.jpg

3. Don't go easy on the cheese. If the cheese isn't sliding off the top of the enchilada when you plate, you failed to make a proper enchilada. Wipe your tears, learn from your mistake, and don't let it happen again.
IMG_20190228_180612.jpg

Those look Tasty, we do Chicken all the time Have to give Turkey a try

Gary

Reactions: Preacher Man
Great write up. Now I know what to do w/ that 4cup container of PP from the other day, thanks
I'm eager to try this with pulled pork. I just pulled me a butt yesterday and so hopefully I'll try soon.

Here's another enchilada recipe I put together with PP. Made several pans for friends and they said it was the best enchiladas they'd ever had.
Pulled Pork Green Chile Enchiladas

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky