Soft Shell Crab Sandwich on Toasted Rye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
2 Large Soft Shell Crabs Cleaned going to do a separate thread for that.
Before cleaning
100_7357.JPG
Dredge in flour shake off excess
100_7386.JPG
Fry 3 to 4 minutes each side
100_7392.JPG
Toasted Rye covered with Tartar Sauce
100_7385.JPG
Serve with Dill Pickles
100_7393.JPG
100_7395.JPG
Money Shot
100_7396.JPG
Thanks for looking
Richie

Tartar Sauce

4 Rounded Tablespoons Mayo
1 Rounded Tablespoon Hotdog Relish
1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 teaspoon Fresh Dill chopped fine

Mix and refrigerate for about 1 hour.

Last edited:
Looking good! Boy could I go for one or two of those right now! Been a long time since I've had crab.

Oh man Richie, those crabs look delicious
You know by now my weakness for Softshells.
I'd go pirate, boarding and burning boats for Softshell booty.

You had my full attention, right up to the tartar sauce... Tartar with crab?! Man that's like ketchup on hotdogs... Pure evil.

LOL, I jest.
Keep it coming Richie, just hold the tartar on mine.
Like!

Ah had another good day crabbing. Just going to have to find your hot spot. :rolleyes: :D

Warren
Warren I would show you were I go any time you want.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Oh man Richie, those crabs look delicious
You know by now my weakness for Softshells.
I'd go pirate, boarding and burning boats for Softshell booty.

You had my full attention, right up to the tartar sauce... Tartar with crab?! Man that's like ketchup on hotdogs... Pure evil.

LOL, I jest.
Keep it coming Richie, just hold the tartar on mine.
Like!

Chile it isn't that bad.I was going to get some coleslaw for a side but forgot to.I have 4 Peelers cleaned and going to cook tonight.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

That sammie looks tasty. Soft shell crab, is that like a blue crab?

Never had any softshell crab, but it sure looks good your way.
I'll take Chile's share of the Tartar Sauce. I was looking for a tartar sauce recipe a while back.
I'm going to add yours to my cook book, Richie.
Thanks!

As far as I know we have to put soft shell crabs back. At least in Puget Sound they do.
I guess it's their way of making you have to work for your crab meat. LOL
Stupid blue states, way over regulated.

That sammie looks tasty. Soft shell crab, is that like a blue crab?
Adam Thank you Chile gave you the answer,I was out back cutting some Bay Leave to replant.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Never had any softshell crab, but it sure looks good your way.
I'll take Chile's share of the Tartar Sauce. I was looking for a tartar sauce recipe a while back.
I'm going to add yours to my cook book, Richie.
Thanks!

As far as I know we have to put soft shell crabs back. At least in Puget Sound they do.
I guess it's their way of making you have to work for your crab meat. LOL
Stupid blue states, way over regulated.

Sonny here the size for shedders is smaller then the hard shell,I wish I was down there today with this full moon I would probably have a nice bunch.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

All this crab is making me envious! Come Friday, I’ll be in VA with a dozen fresh steamers with old bay and beer.

Still never tried soft shell, but I’d still sneak a bite of that sandwich when you weren’t looking.

All this crab is making me envious! Come Friday, I’ll be in VA with a dozen fresh steamers with old bay and beer.

Still never tried soft shell, but I’d still sneak a bite of that sandwich when you weren’t looking.

Joe you should be able to find them in almost any restaurant down their.I use to be able to dig Steamers now all the areas are closed due to pollution. Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Geez 'm crow, Richie leave some crab for us slobs that don't live live near the coastline. That sandwich looks out of this world. Can you Fed-Ex one to me overnight?

Point for sure.

Chris

chilerelleno chilerelleno - There's nothing wrong with putting ketchup on hot dogs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky