• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

soda redux jerky

papa chops

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 10, 2013
I pretty much make my Jerky the same every time. The only thng that might change is what kind of soda I have in the fridge. this particular time i had sierra mist cranberry. Its a seasonal soda they put out for the Holiday's. Ive used orange, cherry pepsi, and cherry dr pepper. 1/2 c worchestarshire sauce, 1/2 c soy, I reduced the soda by about half and threw some sliced Cherry Bomb peppers from the garden in there. I strained off the Cherry bombs when pouring my reduction into the soy and spice mix. cherry bomb Peppers pretty darn hot imo. This jerky had great heat. I used hickory chips on this smoke. around 150 degrees thanks for stopping buy.

papa chops

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 10, 2013
1T cayenne, 1T gran. garlic, 1T onion powder, 1T smoked chili flake, 1T chili powder and I let all this marinate over night

Last edited:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.