So I got exposed, got quarantined, got tested and I am waiting on the results...ugh! Fire up the smoker time!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ribs looking good and I hope all is well with you and your family.
I spent 3 days of last weekend in 2 different Hospitals. One services a large area of west/central PA. I asked about their Covid patients over the last few months? The nurses I talked to in the ER and ICU both looked around for privacy, leaned in and said, they are not supposed to talk about it but the ER tested a dozen patients having symptoms, with no one admitted and the large ICU had 2 recoveries early on but no cases since May. I don't doubt densely populated Cities have higher occurance rates but the numbers are over blown and no need for shutdowns in more Rural areas of the country...JJ

Yup---Until too many people get Cocky, like they did in Texas, Arizona, Florida, etc, etc.
They were bragging how great they were doing too.

Bear

Good to hear Eddy, and nice looking ribs. I may need to stock up on the bourbon and beer just in case I happen to catch something. Have to have the "essentials" . . .

Reactions: uncle eddie
Glad to hear all is well.
Bearcarver Bearcarver Yeah John you are right. There are folks that died, are dying or got seriously sick and that is a tragedy. It's just unfortunate how many folks have lost their business, their job and their homes because of long quarantines. Was it necessary in Every Town? How is it that, going to Work, School or Church will kill your whole family...But...Spending 12 hours a day, multiple days, for weeks on end, shoulder to shoulder with Hundreds of people PROTESTING, is Perfectly Safe??? Somebody is putting out BS stats on how bad this is. I'm not usually a Conspiracy guy, but i think there are some people making a Fortune selling Covid related products and have an Interest in keeping the panic going...JJ

Reactions: uncle eddie
I believe my wife and I were exposed to Covid in early February before Covid testing and tracking even began. I won't go into details, but the person who first got sick and exposed us worked in the Silicon Valley, the first hotspot in NorCal. She was diagnosed with pneumonia, but the way it spread through her personal contacts left no doubt in our hindsight it was covid. She actually collapsed in the doctor's office. Doc said with her low O2 levels she might have died within hours if she had not sought treatment.

After exposure, my wife and I were flu-like sick for about two weeks, but never sick enough to go to the doc (I hate going to docs). It was unlike any flu we'd ever had before. Since then, continuing to this moment, we've had a set of recurring issues of headaches, severe joint pain, nausea, runs, and major fatigue. We never had a fever. It generally starts with a headache, then cycles thru our bodies in no particular order but always includes those issues. I started tracking the dates and issues on April 23rd once I recognized the pattern.

My wife was tested in March for active virus but it came back negative. Our doc is not interested in testing us for antibodies because it is an expensive test and I'm not paying out of pocket. CDC says the actual exposure may be 10x's higher than those tested, and I believe it.

We've been hunkered down since we were sick and I've been tracking the daily growth in four personal counties since March 14th. I grocery shop with gloves and a mask during low patronage hours (6-7 AM). My wife works from home for a major health department. Another relative consults with hospitals. Covid is real.

Reactions: daspyknows
My wife works from home for a major health department. Another relative consults with hospitals. Covid is real.

Sorry to hear of you and your Wife's repeated trouble.
There is no doubt Covid is real. It's most of the Reporting that can't be trusted to be real. Spend any time researching the subject and there are Thousands of articles, news reports and stories. For every Report that says Covid is rebounding big, there is a report of Falsified Stats. It's enough to make you SICK! (Pun intended):emoji_blush: Within my circle of friends and family living in assorted States including PA, NJ, NY, FL and TX, no one I know has had Covid, but they all know someone who tested positive or got sick and recovered...JJ

Reactions: daspyknows
Depends on which news you listen to. If you listen to the Hannity-Carlson-Ingraham news you might think that hundreds of people wearing masks outside are gonna cause a lot of spread, but the other News all over the world will tell you what the scientists report. Things like packing into Bars without masks is a big spreader. And reopening in the middle of a surge, going against the CDC's plans to only open if you have 14 days without an uptick.
And removing the scientists from the Coronavirus briefing is a good way to hide the truth from the American People.
I'm not going to get into a political argument here, but as for some places not getting infected, of course if very few people live in your area, very few people will get infected.
Let's not forget that New York was the Epicenter in the beginning, and Cuomo listened to the scientists & flattened the curve, while other states didn't pay attention to the simple plan that New York showed, and now the South & West is raging & New York is doing good.
Also everybody wanted to get back to work, but due to pressure from above they skipped the CDC plan & jumped right up even though the spread was already bad. That's just ignorant.

It's been 6 months since either Me or Mrs Bear have gone anywhere away from our house, and the only one who enters our house is Bear Jr, when he brings us our groceries. And he doesn't come near us & wears a mask when he's in our house. He wipes all our grocery packages with wipes before he brings them to us. Mrs Bear even Nukes our mail before messing with it.
Note: Make sure there's no New Credit Cards in your mail before Nuking it.LOL

Maybe I'd be Cocky if I didn't already have Heart, Lung, and Kidney problems, and if Mrs Bear didn't have a Pacemaker, but I would hope I would still care about others enough to wear a mask if I got near people, and try to keep my distance whenever I could.

Just my 2 Piasters,

Bear

If someone thinks it is a hoax, just the flu or a made up thing in the media they lack first hand experience of suffering though it Talk to folks with first hand experience IF THEY ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO SURVIVE (me), watching someone close to them suffer through it not knowing if they were going to live or die (my son who lives with me) or someone working in the hospitals who is treating patients.

I was visiting friends in NY the week everything started to shut down and flew home to SF late Sunday night. By Wednesday I began feeling ill and the first 5 days I could equate it to a real bad case of the flu, but then it got worse. The next 5 days were the worst, until finally my son called an ambulance and they took me to the hospital. It was 6 weeks before I had fully recovered. I am in my 50's, in good health and really thought I was going to die.

If you want to or don't want to listen to a particular media source that is your right, but do some research on this virus, listen to legitimate medical doctors, scientists and those who have first hand experience. Wear, a mask to protect others AND yourself and try to be smart about your actions. If not, you or someone close to you may catch this and not be as lucky as I was. This should not be a political issue.

Brother from Arizona a couple weeks ago tested positive for Covid. Said he had about 2 days where he had a slight fever that only lasted a couple hrs each day. Has been tested again and is negative ( yahoo ). I asked him if he actually lost sense of smell or taste of food ? Said not really but food does seem to taste slightly different at this time. He said it was a 5 day wait for the additional test results. Was basically done with the self quarantine by then.
Not enough complete studies so don 't really know if that kind of makes him immune to it now ??? Hope so...
Age 55

Brother from Arizona a couple weeks ago tested positive for Covid. Said he had about 2 days where he had a slight fever that only lasted a couple hrs each day. Has been tested again and is negative ( yahoo ). I asked him if he actually lost sense of smell or taste of food ? Said not really but food does seem to taste slightly different at this time. He said it was a 5 day wait for the additional test results. Was basically done with the self quarantine by then.
Not enough complete studies so don 't really know if that kind of makes him immune to it now ??? Hope so...
Age 55

Sorry to hear that, Rider!!
Glad he didn't get sick or worse.
Hoping he doesn't get any of the side effects they've been telling about those who had it & got rid of it (Lung scarring, etc).
Praying for him!

Bear

Reactions: Winterrider
Sorry to hear that, Rider!!
Glad he didn't get sick or worse.
Hoping he doesn't get any of the side effects they've been telling about those who had it & got rid of it (Lung scarring, etc).
Praying for him!

Bear
Thank you, appreciate it. Will pass it on to him

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky