So I got exposed, got quarantined, got tested and I am waiting on the results...ugh! Fire up the smoker time!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

uncle eddie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 14, 2016
Central Missouri
One of my co-workers tested positive on Monday. I started to get allergy like symptoms yesterday and went home - just in case. Doc asked me to wait until today to get tested so there would be less chance of a false negative. In case you are wondering what getting tested was like...it lasted like 2 or 3 seconds and made me feel like I wanted to sneeze. They said the CV-19 test results could take as long as 3-5 days but "hopefully" would happen in about 24 hours (there were no "quick test kits" in town!)

I have also discovered that being relatively healthy and quarantined in the middle of summer is doing "sloooow" time. So - yesterday I went deep freeze diving and found some St. Louis Style pork ribs for tonight and a turkey breast for tomorrow evening. I did the ribs at 260F in my MES40. Total cook time was 5 hours. Being bored, I took some pork rib photo's...like that has never been done before. :emoji_rolling_eyes: You would think I could have got creative with the pictures with all the time on my hands but - I don't drink bourbon this early - so THAT didn't happen haha.

I did take inventory and I have enough beer and bourbon to last about 1 week of quarantine. I may need a care package soon lol.

Quarantined pork rib photo's follow:

IMG_5818.jpg
IMG_581 9.jpg
IMG_5821.jpg

One of my co-workers tested positive on Monday. I started to get allergy like symptoms yesterday and went home - just in case. Doc asked me to wait until today to get tested so there would be less chance of a false negative. In case you are wondering what getting tested was like...it lasted like 2 or 3 seconds and made me feel like I wanted to sneeze. They said the CV-19 test results could take as long as 3-5 days but "hopefully" would happen in about 24 hours (there were no "quick test kits" in town!)

I have also discovered that being relatively healthy and quarantined in the middle of summer is doing "sloooow" time. So - yesterday I went deep freeze diving and found some St. Louis Style pork ribs for tonight and a turkey breast for tomorrow evening. I did the ribs at 260F in my MES40. Total cook time was 5 hours. Being bored, I took some pork rib photo's...like that has never been done before. :emoji_rolling_eyes: You would think I could have got creative with the pictures with all the time on my hands but - I don't drink bourbon this early - so THAT didn't happen haha.

I did take inventory and I have enough beer and bourbon to last about 1 week of quarantine. I may need a care package soon lol.

Quarantined pork rib photo's follow:

View attachment 455472View attachment 455474View attachment 455475

look nice , hope you fill good . Get well

Reactions: uncle eddie
Hope you are negative and if not a speedy recovery. My family was exposed last week. We all got tested on Monday. Negative results this Wednesday. While I was waiting my brain tricked me into thinking everything was wrong lol. Literally cut up a lime to see if I could smell it. And when I could brain said "is the lime smell as strong as it should be"? Waiting sucks bud. Ribs look good

Reactions: uncle eddie
Ribs look good.
Was your test the one where they swab the nostril, or the one where they are drilling for oil in your brain?

If I have it, it is really benign. If my co-worker didn't have it I would not have gotten tested and just chalked this up to mild allergies. Hoping for negative!

Reactions: TNJAKE
Ribs look good.
Was your test the one where they swab the nostril, or the one where they are drilling for oil in your brain?

haha - I think it was a little of both. I had no idea that a cotton swab could reach to the back seat lol. But it was over so fast that the whole test was more of a surprise than uncomfortable.

Ribs looking good and I hope all is well with you and your family.
I spent 3 days of last weekend in 2 different Hospitals. One services a large area of west/central PA. I asked about their Covid patients over the last few months? The nurses I talked to in the ER and ICU both looked around for privacy, leaned in and said, they are not supposed to talk about it but the ER tested a dozen patients having symptoms, with no one admitted and the large ICU had 2 recoveries early on but no cases since May. I don't doubt densely populated Cities have higher occurance rates but the numbers are over blown and no need for shutdowns in more Rural areas of the country...JJ

BTW - Here in AZ tests results are taking 9-14 days.....disgusting
John

That's almost the entire quarantine time!

They told me 3 to 5 days and, if I was lucky, 24 hours. My negative test result actually came by email yesterday evening, about 13 hours after testing. I was told to look at their app or their website, no mention of email. I never checked email until this morning. The app and the website still show no test results. Go figure.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky