Smoking two types of meat at once.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqu freshman

Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
Chicago,IL
Hello everyone i was wondering if it was possible to smoke two different types of meat at the same time? I am going to make some St. Louis style pork ribs for the 4th of July and was wondering if i could cook some beef ribs along with it .My brother in law doesn't eat pork and i wouldn't want him to feel excluded from the festivities. I have a smoke vault if that makes a difference.

As long as what your smoking uses the same smoker temps then you can fill the smoker with different types of meat with no problem. Many of us smoke multiple type foods at the same time.

I lesson I learned here at SMF was to put your 'bacteria' meats below the rest. Pineywoods had a great comment about temps but be aware of putting fish, poultry, pork below venison & beef and in an order like that. You don't want your fish to drip on your beef or your poultry to drip on your beef, etc. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky