Smoking St.’s

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Swamp_moss

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 24, 2017
Hello all, I don’t log in much but I keep up with you fellas. Lot of interesting things going on and I finally found time to throw some meat on the smoke after buying my first home and changing careers.

Have two racks of St Louis in right now, needing them done in less time that I feel I can finish them. But we are going to try some higher temps and some aluminum foil to expedite the process...expediting my beverage consumption as well 😇 Hope everyone is well

Attachments

• C247A03A-237F-47D6-87D5-ECDAFFB83163.jpeg
    C247A03A-237F-47D6-87D5-ECDAFFB83163.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 8
Question for the pros, when I went to pull the ribs for foiling, pit temp was 242. I pulled them, immediately shut the lid, less than 20 seconds, and 2 minutes later the temp was soaring above 300. Why does this happen? Is it the change in airflow allowing more air to pass more quickly?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky