• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoking Pork Loin???

Smoky Kurt

Joined Aug 9, 2019
I just had a friend (Facebook) tell me pork loin is not meant to be smoked. He said it is not fatty enough and would be tough and dry. He was a competition BBQ guy.

I've been smoking pork loin for years. This was news to me! :emoji_laughing:

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
I've done it also. Love to butterfly them and stuff with cheese and etc and roll em. Never had any trouble.
Jim

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2016

GonnaSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 19, 2018
I just had a friend (Facebook) tell me pork loin is not meant to be smoked. He said it is not fatty enough and would be tough and dry. He was a competition BBQ guy.

I've been smoking pork loin for years. This was news to me! :emoji_laughing:
Tell your friend that he's not using the right size Jean Bardou's....:emoji_wink:

DRKsmoking

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Thats funny , i better change my smokin list for tomorrow, as i am doing 2 loins. 1 is Chili's " Sweet and Savory Stuffed Pork Loin " and still deciding on the other
David

kruizer

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 7, 2015
If it is smoked to a temp of 140 it is fine and very tasty too.

Smoky Kurt

Joined Aug 9, 2019
Thanks for all the replies. I really don't know what he was talkin' about tenderloin is a staple on smokers around here.

Topwater Guy

SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 6, 2021
I, put a pan of water in the smoker, smoke tube and the loin was perfect.....Moist and tender inside.

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 12, 2018
Agree with all above. We smoke 2-3 Loins a month, year round. Always comes out moist and tender. I find it one of the easier cuts to prepare. Always cooks evenly too.

DRKsmoking

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Some of my smoked Pork Loins, all tender, juicy and delicious.
Hope i'm not wasting my time , because i was going to smoke them tomorrow ...LOL

Thanks for the like Chile for the like
I just finished stuffing and rolling the loins, all tied up and in the fridge until tomorrow. Not as good as your filleting job, but not bad for the first time.
Stuffing is very tasty, make glaze tomorrow
David
DSC_2262.JPG
DSC_2260.JPG

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 12, 2018
Looks delicious, juicy and perfectly cooked, Kurt. I hope you sent a pic to your friend.

bigfurmn

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 25, 2016
That looks darn tasty to me. Didnt someone do a Cuban stuffed pork loin not too long ago? Still wanting to try that too.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.