Smoking Pork Loin???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smoky Kurt

Original poster
Aug 9, 2019
I just had a friend (Facebook) tell me pork loin is not meant to be smoked. He said it is not fatty enough and would be tough and dry. He was a competition BBQ guy.

I've been smoking pork loin for years. This was news to me! :emoji_laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: chilerelleno
I've done it also. Love to butterfly them and stuff with cheese and etc and roll em. Never had any trouble.
Jim

I didn't get the memo on that.
34yBOUf.jpg
pVKy9II.jpg

I just had a friend (Facebook) tell me pork loin is not meant to be smoked. He said it is not fatty enough and would be tough and dry. He was a competition BBQ guy.

I've been smoking pork loin for years. This was news to me! :emoji_laughing:
Tell your friend that he's not using the right size Jean Bardou's....:emoji_wink:

Thanks for all the replies. I really don't know what he was talkin' about tenderloin is a staple on smokers around here.

I, put a pan of water in the smoker, smoke tube and the loin was perfect.....Moist and tender inside.

Agree with all above. We smoke 2-3 Loins a month, year round. Always comes out moist and tender. I find it one of the easier cuts to prepare. Always cooks evenly too.

Reactions: 912smoker
Some of my smoked Pork Loins, all tender, juicy and delicious.
Hope i'm not wasting my time , because i was going to smoke them tomorrow ...LOL

Thanks for the like Chile for the like
I just finished stuffing and rolling the loins, all tied up and in the fridge until tomorrow. Not as good as your filleting job, but not bad for the first time.
Stuffing is very tasty, make glaze tomorrow
David
DSC_2262.JPG
DSC_2260.JPG

Looks delicious, juicy and perfectly cooked, Kurt. I hope you sent a pic to your friend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky