Smoker upgrade size

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Tatertatum

Original poster
Jul 12, 2018
I'm looking to find a pellet smoker to cook two briskets at a time and wonder what others thought I should get. I have a large stick burner now. And due to a handicap want to add a pellet smoker for my bad days. Thanks

now that's one big a.. brisket, got to plug pit boss/Louisiana grill i have an 820d which is the same as 820fb (cosmetic) these are what I consider solid

All depends on what you want to spend. Many of the better manufacturers have cookers large enough to cook two briskets at a time. Traeger of course being the original and Louisiana grills being the first competitor after the patent expired. There are others. Each has their strong points and weaknesses. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the top manufacturers..

Been with MAK from the beginning. Yes they are more, but well worth it. It's very difficult to find an unsatisfied MAK user.

The debate of pellet vs electric will likely never end.

I personally won't go near pellet for economic reasons more then any thing else. Though the 'sawdust build up can explode' is another reasons I won't. Though I think that is more an issue of cheap pellets then the grill it self.

But you are burning alot of pellets and power up with a pellet grill and I don't see any advantage to it for BBQ.

The debate of pellet vs electric will likely never end.

I personally won't go near pellet for economic reasons more then any thing else. Though the 'sawdust build up can explode' is another reasons I won't. Though I think that is more an issue of cheap pellets then the grill it self.

But you are burning alot of pellets and power up with a pellet grill and I don't see any advantage to it for BBQ.
I'm not looking for economic reasons or quality for competition I'll lossing the use of my legs so just want a large smoker I can still use for my family from a wheel chair and just want peoples idea on which to get.

I'm not looking for economic reasons or quality for competition I'll lossing the use of my legs so just want a large smoker I can still use for my family from a wheel chair and just want peoples idea on which to get.

Oof. I got back problems and I can say my MES is about the right height for you. Easy to use with the AMNPS, once you get it going, you won't need to do any thing with loading more wood etc. Sorry to hear about your health problems :( I hope you can find a good smoker so you can keep on doing what you enjoy.

I can say I can fit a total of 4 briskets in my MES. I haven't -tried- this..but it's doable. One per rack. If it fits in the MES, it'll smoke it I can say that!

Sorry to hear about that Tatertatum. Either will work. I think most pellet poopers have larger grates(usually one - possible two) so you can fit in bigger cuts of meat w/o having to trim/cut them down, but the electric has more. You may want to go to a local hardware store and see how high the hopper sits on a pellet pooper. Filling it may be an issue from a wheel chair. An electric will top out around 275* where a pellet smoker can reach searing temps. We have members who own both so hopefully they'll chime in soon. Good luck with your decision.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky