• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked turkey soup

ats32

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 25, 2012
I had an extra turkey so I smoked it up today. Cut the breasts off for sandwich meat later in the week, picked the bones mostly clean of the rest and set aside, now I have the carcass simmering slowly to make a smoked stock for some smoked turkey noodle soup tomorrow. I'll update with finished product pics tomorrow!

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Looking good so far! I'm boiling down the remains of ours right now for stock that I'll freeze for later.

Last edited:

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
Cold winter night, smoked turkey noodle soup mmmm

foamheart

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2013
LOL.... its amazing how we learn, one for Thanksgiving and one for leftovers...LOL When I was kid Mom would put the bird up after the meal so we couldn't get to it. LOL

Looks good!

ats32

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 25, 2012
Strained and now cooling...tomorrow will be a good day for some football and soup. Especially because all the hardwork is done!

Last edited:

flyboys

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 14, 2007
I'm eating a cold turkey sandwich with mayo and am also making stock with the carcass as I sit here and type. I love Thanksgiving!

woodcutter

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 2, 2012
Stock boiling here all day as well. My wife decided to just make the turkey soup.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.