Smoked Hamburger Soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Smoked Hamburger Soup

Put up Christmas lights yesterday and couple parts were not working. Warm and light rain.
So today went and picked up all new multi coloured ones. Because that would not fly around here .
So started all over with everything new.

It is/was 1 deg. C and windy . And 15 CM of snow and wind coming tonight and tomorrow. My stupid luck Lol.

So wanted to warm up.

SOUP FOR SUPPER !!

DSC_8937.JPG

So smoked the hamburger with some Lawry's SS on top and in the Q with Hickory chips.

Chopped and cooked all the veg, can diced tomatoes, broken broad noodles, 1/2 cup cooked chopped bacon, spice and couple bay leaves.

DSC_8929.JPG DSC_8933.JPG

DSC_8934.JPG

DSC_8938.JPG

Made up some butter tea biscuits, got myself a nice big bowl and warmed myself up.

My bowl

DSC_8939.JPG

Little closer, :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum:

DSC_8940.JPG

Thanks for looking and now settling in for a full belly cozy night.

Thanks for looking

David

Great lookin' Soup David . I have a hard time with the smoked ground beef .
Well I see a flame , so never mind . I saw a guy cold smoke ground beef once ,,, that's another story .

We love soup at my house and that looks fantastic .

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Great lookin' Soup David . I have a hard time with the smoked ground beef .
Well I see a flame , so never mind . I saw a guy cold smoke ground beef once ,,, that's another story .

We love soup at my house and that looks fantastic .

Thanks Rich for the comment

It was great soup and the Hickory adds a nice touch to the soup also.
I had the 4 outside burners on the Q, and that is what also lights the chips in the box,
I was hoping the box when I bought it would fit under the grates , but no it does not, ha ha

You can see it is cool out when I lift the lid and the meat steams or what ever from the cold.

Cold smoke hamburger , hope it had some cure in it , but ha that is just me.

David

Reactions: JLeonard
Really nice looking soup David. I bet that hit the spot on a chili day. It's been raining all day here, and is supposed to change over to snow overnight.

Point for sure
Chris

Really nice looking soup David. I bet that hit the spot on a chili day. It's been raining all day here, and is supposed to change over to snow overnight.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris for the like and the comment

Yes hit the spot for sure, and very tasty,

And it was warm and rain here yesterday when I thought I was done until I tried
the lights after they were up,:emoji_angry::emoji_angry: and worked on them for an hour or so.:emoji_angry::emoji_angry:

So thats why I played outside today.

David

Looks seriously tasty!!! I'd say it's soup weather here, but I was out and about in shorts yesterday, and it was even warmer today. December in coastal Virginia can be a bit tricky.

Looks seriously tasty!!! I'd say it's soup weather here, but I was out and about in shorts yesterday, and it was even warmer today. December in coastal Virginia can be a bit tricky.

Thanks Chris for the like and the comment

Was very nice , and filling. Love a good hearty soup.
It has been off and on cold than warm here for a few weeks. Get a run on great weather , just jeans and shirt at work then 8 layers the next day. Love the nice mix of weather we get off the Atlantic waters around here also.

David

Well David, first off we have similar luck when it comes to weather…. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Second, man does that all look top notch… I’d be all over a couple bowls of that! Nicely done! Also intrigued by those biscuits!

That looks good! Comfort food for sure! And I’m sure you learned all your ‘exterior illumination’ from your Dad!

Thanks Justin for the like and the comment

That it was, and I was quite comfortable have a large bowl of it for sure.

As for the lights no, Dad was more of a 1 string kind of guy.
Me I like a little more of a show on the house , Not as bad as if Santa through up, but some colour and piazzas.

David

Well David, first off we have similar luck when it comes to weather…. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Second, man does that all look top notch… I’d be all over a couple bowls of that! Nicely done! Also intrigued by those biscuits!

Thanks Justin for the like and the comment.

Yes we have been lucky until last night and today. We have had some very cold days some very warm days, couple flurries over the last month.
But winter is here now. I was going to do some concrete work at a house , but when I heard this yesterday morning . I called and said maybe spring for that project, I was spoiled with the warm weather we had.

Now the soup was just the right thing for a cold body sitting on the roof trying to undo a big ball of new lights, who knew if you undo all the twist ties to a 75 foot roll of lights they instantly turn into a knot. :emoji_confused: :emoji_confused:

Soup was great and I cannot tell a lie , i just made them with Bisquick mix ( Betty Crocker ), and soaked with butter when I took out of the oven. Love them and easy .

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky