• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese

ksmith9

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 8, 2020
Hey everyone,

I thought I would share this. I sold my vertical pellet smoker to a nice gentleman for $100 and a crap ton of smoked fish. After seeing all the posts on cream cheese, I smoked cream cheese for 2 hours at 250, then I mixed it with finely diced raw onion, dill, pepper, a couple tablespoons of pickle juice, and smoked salmon. The results were incredible. I don't know what everyone else does for thanksgiving, but we typically have ritz and cheeses and meat for apps while the main course is cooking. This combo was DA BOMB. I scored the cream cheese and than topped it with oil, salt and pepper. I made it today as a trial before I put it out at Thanksgiving, and it had RAVE reviews. If anyone is looking for a cream cheese dip for Thanksgiving like we do, it was incredible!

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 3, 2015
Sounds like a plan! Looking forward to seeing some pictures!

912smoker

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 29, 2020
Late getting here but that sure sounds good and gives me an idea for leftover SS !
Thanks ks

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
Sounds perfect, especially for us with a bunch of smoked salmon. When you scored the cream cheese and topped it with oil &S/P was this before you smoked it? What flavor wood did you use? Was it a 8oz block of cream cheese?

BandCollector

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 4, 2009
K ksmith9

Any chance of sharing the recipe?

Specific amounts and proportions in the mixture would be helpful.

Thanks,

John

Last edited:

ksmith9

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 8, 2020
Sorry Guys,

When I made this post last week it was in a haste (and I had a few drinks) so I didn't take any pictures or anything but this is what I did. I scored a block of cream cheese (I use that neufchatel but to each their own) and put S & P and drizzled oil before throwing it on the smoker. Than threw it on at 250 while I was cooking a meatloaf, I pulled the cream cheese after about 2 hours, then while the cream cheese was hot I added the following:

Smoked Salmon (I believe it was about 4 oz)
Dill (roughly 1-2 tbsp)
about a quarter of finely diced onion
Couple splashes of pickle juice (1-2 tbsp)
Pepper

I don't measure anything so I just kept adding to taste. As far as the wood, I have gravity fed charcoal smoker, and I threw in a handful of pecan chips while smoking. If I had capers I definitely would have added a spoonful of capers. This was even better the following morning. I am going to make a couple blocks for Thanksgiving the night before, than mound it into a big ball so it replaces that cheeseball that I have always thought was overrated. When I make another batch next weekend I will definitely document that one in full for everyone.

Also the size of the cream cheese was just the standard block, I am drawing a blank as to if that is 4 or 8 oz.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.