Smoked Potatoes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lemans

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 29, 2013
Jackson New Jersey
So I have 7 lbs of cheese going and I decided to chuck in a raw red skin potato..what the hell?? Has anyone tried this.. The tube Has four hours with of pellets.. we will see

Yes do that alot with fresh dug red potatoes. Probably eat half my crop before digging for storage. I’m sure ur not using fresh in NJ. Reds take longer that whites. U will like them. My favorite thing to do is make enough to have left over to make home fries for breakfast. Will keep well in frig. Can’t help out with time or temp. Depends whats in smoker plus variable size of home grown. Just check with fork until soft all through. Maybe do a search to get idea of time & temp. Oops just reread ur thread. Need alot higher temps for potatoes than that for smoking cheese. 225-250

E5020A99-5D17-4DF1-91A8-502FA520BB9A.jpeg
Definitely do that again...

Reactions: SmokinAl
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky