smoked pig ears for dogs?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stupidcosmoline

Original poster
Oct 2, 2016
Has anyone on here smoked off pig's ears for dog treats? My butcher has agreed to save all of them for me and wanted to start Finishing them myself looking for some insight? TIA

Light smoke at 250 for about 5 hrs, or until dried out. as they have some fat in them and are not cured they need to be stored in the fridge if they will be used in a week, or freezer for longer storage.

Barry.

They'll make great treats no matter how you preserve them.

Your Nick makes me laugh.
Do you collect milsurp firearms?
I do. It's funny not a whole lot of people get it. what would be the best way to preserve them that would be easy on a dogs stomach?

Light smoke at 250 for about 5 hrs, or until dried out. as they have some fat in them and are not cured they need to be stored in the fridge if they will be used in a week, or freezer for longer storage.

Barry.
I'd like to preserve them somehow that wouldn't be bad for the dogs

You can't beat a Mosin. I got mine almost 10 years ago for a $100. Accurate and LOUD. Great for Tannerite :emoji_sunglasses:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky