• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked Lox

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
Just finished off my last piece of smoked Lox from last winter so thought I'd re-stock up the smoked lox area of freezer #2. Just another way to help reduce the amount of Salmon we have.

Very simple dry brine of 5/6 ratio of kosher salt / brown sugar. Brined for 8 hours.

Then over to another 8 hour wet brine of, water, br sugar, maple syrup, whole pepper, dry dill,,,,,,,,,,can't remember what else.

Refresh for 30+ minutes, sprinkle with more dill then fridge dry for 5 hours, room dry for another 3 hours, then off to a cold smoke session for 3 hours using Alder and then apple.

It will sit in the fridge for a few hours before I start slicing and freezing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
The only way I really like it I'M IN

Richie

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 4, 2014
Looks very good!  My bride is praying for cool/cold weather so I can make her some.  She's been out for a while.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
My favorite way to eat salmon!!

Looks delicious!

Al

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
Thanks all.  Done just in time I think,  for the wife wants to bring some tomorrow on her  Rock Cod and Dungeness crab combo fishing trip.  Happy wife = happy life.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Looks great! Hope the rockfish are biting and the Dungeness are loading up the pots!

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Wow! Another great salmon post. Lots of information and great quview definitely deserves a point.

Disco

wade

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 12, 2013
Looks good cmayna. 

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
Looks great! Hope the rockfish are biting and the Dungeness are loading up the pots!
Wife came home yesterday with limits of both.   Guess who get's to process her catch?

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.