Smoked Jerk Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Howdy fellers and non fellers. Smoked some Jerk Wings tonight. Not alot to say about them. Tossed 7lbs of whole wings in malcolm reeds jammin jerk rub. It's delicious. Nice spice. Normally part my wings but laziness prevailed.
IMG_20201019_161153~2.jpg
IMG_20201019_161218.jpg
IMG_20201019_161202~2.jpg

Beautiful fall day here in Tennessee
IMG_20201019_160109~2.jpg
IMG_20201019_160131~2.jpg

Onto the smoker at 225 for some pecan smoke
IMG_20201019_161610~2.jpg
IMG_20201019_161634~2.jpg

After an hour and some spritzing with beer. Turned up heat to 275 here
IMG_20201019_171810~2.jpg

Spritzed with beer for the next hour then bumped to 300 for 30 min or so. I go by color not temp on wings. Close to 3hr into cooking I pulled
IMG_20201019_191330.jpg

Turned out delicious for our liking. Juicy, spicy, sweet. Nice jerk wings.

Nice wings Jake...ill admit I too sometimes take the easy route and leave them whole. Honestly I'm not sure why I ever split them lol.

Funny story....one time I made them whole and stretched them out long....told Ryder they were bat wings lol. He ate them rught up! Hahaha!

Nice wings Jake...ill admit I too sometimes take the easy route and leave them whole. Honestly I'm not sure why I ever split them lol.

Funny story....one time I made them whole and stretched them out long....told Ryder they were bat wings lol. He ate them rught up! Hahaha!
Thanks Travis. I agree not sure why I waste my time cutting them up but sometimes it feels right. The bat wing is funny when they are young. As they get older the batwing takes on a different meaning. Google it lol

• Haha
Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Looks like a good day to burn some sticks

They look great Jake!! Color is beautiful and you know I love jerk seasoning. Lazy prevails for me on wings which is why I often buy the 10 lbs already cut up bag at GFS lol.

They look great Jake!! Color is beautiful and you know I love jerk seasoning. Lazy prevails for me on wings which is why I often buy the 10 lbs already cut up bag at GFS lol.
Thanks Jeff. I have a bag of wings in the deep freeze. Game time decision so I got fresh. Had a tri Tip laid out and went wings. Guess what's coming tomorrow lol

Reactions: jcam222
Wings look great Jake! Color is perfect too. Nice work, and great weather. I often prefer the wings together not split.

Thanks Travis. I agree not sure why I waste my time cutting them up but sometimes it feels right. The bat wing is funny when they are young. As they get older the batwing takes on a different meaning. Google it lol

Great job on those wings Jake. I prefer whole wings also. Batwings could be worse - could have earned your redwings lol.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky