Smoked Italain Beef Sandwich

Discussion in 'Beef' started by gypc, Aug 16, 2006.

1. gypc

gypc Meat Mopper OTBS Member

I love to smoke for these sandwiches. I took a big rump roast the night before..............showered it with Soy and Worcestershire sauce, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, ground pepper and lemmons.

[​IMG]

Wrapped it in foil all night. Then the next morning smoked it with cherry on 225 for about 8 or 9 hrs.

[​IMG]

Then let it cool down so I could slice it paper thin. Right before I took'em off, I made some nice beef sauce.......using a pack of Au Jus, beef bouillon and pepper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While it was cooling, my wife fried onions and green peppers in butter, salt, pepper, thyme and oregano.

After I sliced it, she took italian bread..........sliced in halfs..........placed them on a cookie sheet .........put the sliced beef on first........2nd, the onions and green peppers.............then a mound of sliced moz cheese..........then broiled them open till the cheese melted and the bread crusted.

[​IMG]

Ok put'em together, get some peperoncinis, chips and dip those beauties in the awesome beef sauce.

Enjoy,
    Brian

2. cajunsmoker

cajunsmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Awesome looking sandwiches gypc :D

3. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I think I just found my replacement for French dip sammiches! Great post and pics, gypc!!

4. willkat98

willkat98 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Just got a new entry on my "must try this" list

Thanks gypc

5. Those sammiches give me a good idea for my yoga mantra

:D YUUMMMMMMMMM! :D

Good shots and a good look

Tanks!

6. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Fantastic food!!

I'm going to have to try this myself.

Meowey

7. bob-bqn

bob-bqn Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

That sandwich looks heavenly. :D

8. joed617

joed617 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Brian, I'm Die'n if I'm Lie'n.. Those sammies look great. I'm having mouth orgasms just looking at the sammies.

Joe

9. icemn62

icemn62 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Okay, I was thinking yesterday of grilling some italian sauages, with peppers and oinions. I think this beats my sandwhich hands down. Beef sammies on my next off day

10. brianj517

brianj517 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

OOOH Yeeeaaahh!!! I'm gonna try this for sure!!! :shock: :shock: :D

Cheers,
    Brian

11. I swear to God I can Smell them!! :shock: :? :shock:

12. gypc

Awesome! You all will have to let us know when ya try'em.

Also, if ya want an even more beefy'er taste, soak the sliced beef in some of that sauce for awhile before ya make the monster.......even over night (if ya can wait) and I can't! :lol:

Peace,
    Brian

13. riz9

riz9 Smoke Blower

Great idea. and great pics I'll have to try that soon

14. smokemack

smokemack Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Fantastic looking food! You've inspired me to begin looking into a meat slicer. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

15. those sure do look good. Now I just need a meat slicer. Been planing on getting one. Where did u get yours. And was it expensive?

16. cajunsmoker

cajunsmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hey Big-E,

I've had one of these little el cheapo Rival meat slicer's for about 10 years now. It propably wouldn't hold up to commercial use, but for around the home casual use it is perfect. Here is a link

http://store.rivalproducts.com/estor...ategoryId=1164

17. gypc

Hey guys.............this is the one I have. [web:32dbbc05e1][/web:32dbbc05e1]

18. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I just made this. It is awesome. I used a 2.75 lb eye of round because I could not find a rump. Otherwise I followed what you described as to the spices, sauces, and smoke wood. I smoked the beef to 150F, foiled, wrapped and rested while I cooked the Au Jus and peppers and onions. Sliced beef, built sammies, broiled. Heaven on a plate. I can't say enough good things about this recipe. It has made the familie's "You've got to do this again" list.

To gypc - thanks for sharing.

To everyone else - this is worth your time to try.

Enthusiastically,

Meowey

P.S. - Sorry no pics. We ate the evidence!

19. gypc

Hey meowey, couldn't have said it better. Glad ya digg'em!! :D

20. prplptcrzr2003

prplptcrzr2003 Smoke Blower OTBS Member

Jumpin' Jimminy Crickets, Brian.... What an awesome recipe - great photos too. Boy oh boy that just looks awesome! It sure does help having a meat slicer, don't it? And I'm a lover of pepperoncinis too. I love eating them with Genoa salami/ Cappacola ham and provolone hogies.

Well, I got a couple of london broils in the freezer - they make great sammies whenever I have some leftover the next day. So guess what we're havin on Saturday to go with all the college football action!?!?!?!?!?

Woo-Hoo!!!!! Go Georgia Bulldogs!