Smoked Hamburgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oldsmokerdude

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2018
LaPorte Indiana
So the challenge: The wife dropped two pounds of frozen ground chuck on the counter a few days ago and said "Do something with this over the weekend." I had a lot of other stuff going on over the weekend and the weather was a little crummy, so something quick was in order. Hmm, how about smoked burgers?

Mixed the following in a large bowl:
  • 1 1-ounce packet dry ranch dressing mix
  • 1/4 cup salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon granulated dried onion
Mixed in the ground beef. Careful, don't want to overwork it.

Pattied the meat into half pound patties and into the smoker at 275 with some nice hickory smoke for about an hour.

Out of the smoker into a frying pan with some butter to get a nice sear on both sides.

Served up on some home-made sourdough hamburger buns and french fries.

smoked hamburger.jpg

Result: easy peasy and tasted very good. I definitely will make again.

While there are many great things in the world to eat I dont believe any top a good burger!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky