Smoked Chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bertjo44

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Salem, VA
Wasn't sure where to put this. Has anyone smoked Chili? Found a little info by googling it but not much. Most involves using smoked beer. I am talking about smoking the actually pot of chili. Not sure though, should I use ground beef and then smoke, use smoked cubed brisket. Let's generate some discussion.

I had smoked a top round and some dino bones (beef back ribs) and had a ton of leftovers. I diced it all up and added to a pot of chili. It came out great with a nice smokey flavor.

How did you smoke the ground beef, whole chub or broken up or was it partially cooked first?

The crumpled fatties in there sounds real good.

Gotta say chopped smoked brisket would add a lot to a pot of chili. Or maybe smoke a chuck roast to 200°-205° so you can pull it and use that.

i have done it acouple of ways make up a batch with onions and jap peppers and what have and smoke it like jeffs meat loaf just not as long take it inside and brown it in skillet and then add beans rotel and what have you into the crock pot and let er go be careful this adds alot of smoke flavor too much for some
the other way i haven't done as much but it works brown up your meat mix beans etc into a disposable alum pan throw on bottom rack like bake beans and pile what ever other meat you want on top and let the drippings fall into your chili really good but takes time and a fair amount of meat hope this gives you an idea or two

if you can smoke dutch's beans.......i see no reason you couldn't smoke chili........smoke the onion, japs, homemade bacon or left over pulled pork, and brisket, chuck, etc..........combine it.......and then treat it like you wuld dutch's beans......stir it every so often.........

sounds like a plan dude had some taco stew for lunch was good but with the stupid cold temps were having a nice smoked chile needs created a good weekend project

I've used about 4-5 lbs of pulled pork butt in SoFlaQuer Jeff's chili verde. Gives it an excellent flavor.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky