Smoked Chicken with Pop's Magic injection

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
My Dad's Injection

1 bottle Liquid onion juice (2 oz)

1 bottle Liquid garlic juice (2 oz)

1 bottle Tabasco (small)

1 bottle Worcestershire (small)

1 stick butter

1/2 cup salt.

heat, dissolve the salt, melt the butter, unused amount can be kept in the reefer.

You know its pretty close to homemade Chex mix, aka Bridge mix, Texas trash

Took Kevin's suggestion to half the salt, 1/4 cup, and that was good call. Was wanting to try something different and this was the ticket. The onion and garlic juice really came through and had a nice mellow heat. This was good. Not something would do regularly but nice for a change. Had a cold piece last night and it was really good. Think I will freeze the rest of liquid and use on next turkey breast. Had a problem with probe A on Rec Tec. I normally use my Inkbird but decided to use these. After going from 225 to 360 probe A keep going up and down. Constant food cooling and food getting hot alarms. I swapped probes around and it stayed with Probe A. Must be some kind of controller issue.

20210612_152215.jpg 20210612_173755.jpg

Gretchen says smells good.
20210612_173827.jpg

20210612_175059.jpg 20210612_175113.jpg

New day and time for drink have not made in while. So Good. Few orange slices, Sangria and top off with seven.

20210613_134736.jpg

Last edited:
Looks fantastic! I was afraid the flavors would be over the top. Good to know it worked out. I will have to try it, or some variation of it.

Looks great Brian. I’ll be doing 10 bone in turkey breasts sometime in the next few weeks. I’ll use Butcher BBQ Bird Booster inject on most. I may try this on a couple though.

Looks fantastic from my screen Brian.

Point for sure
Chris

I am finishing off this chicken and I got say this flavor is really growing on me. Just eating it cold. This would make great cold sandwiches. Thanks foamheart foamheart for these recipe.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky