• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked Cabbage

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Click on the insert image icon on the top of the text box and upload your photos.

Al

whistech

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 21, 2009
Spursfan, that looks like it is going to be a delicious meal.      Be sure to post the finished pictures.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
I got to try this one...I have eaten and made a similar dish all my life but it is simmered on the stove. Smoked sounds good. Do the veggies get really tender in the smoker?...JJ

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Looks tasty. Did you cover it?

I always wrap in veggies in foil on the smoker.

spursfan

Joined Jan 22, 2016
Yes veggies do come out tender and I did cover it loosely with foil. My neighbor made it when I first tasted it. Only had Cabbage, bacon. onion, butter and to add some kick some Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning!! It was so good I decided to add potatoes and a sausage and it made it even better!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

loggie

Joined Jan 12, 2013
Spursfan what temp did you cook the cabbage on and for how long and did you smoke it

spursfan

Joined Jan 22, 2016
Spursfan what temp did you cook the cabbage on and for how long and did you smoke it
I smoked it at 275 for about 3 hours covered loosely with foil. Also I added about a 1\2 in of water to cover bottom of pan. We like crispy bacon so I crisped it up slightly before putting it together.

Last edited:

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.