• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked Beef Tenderloin Q-View

dirtworldmike

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 25, 2009
Chef Willie's Smoked Beef Tenderloin Q view looked so gooood,I thought I'd give it a try.

I basically just copy catted Chef Willie's  Q-View step by step and it turned out Great !!!   I'm not very creative so a big thanks to Chef Willie for sharing  a winner !!

The Details:

Rubbed with sea salt,black pepper garlic & onion powder and just a little Old Bay. (I put that S--- on everything LOL).

Didn't have any thick woosy sauce, so I had to use the cheep thin crap my wife gets at the Dollar Store.

Smoked @ 250-255 with just two chunks of cherry wood. Pulled when IT was 136  (Total time 2 hrs.- 45 mins.)  Let rest for only 30 mins.

Couldn't  let it rest any longer. Me and the boy were HUNGRY!! 

Nuff said  Here's the Q.  Hope you enjoy.

2.5 lb. tenderloin hog tied (didn't want it to get away) 

Tied up and Rubbed up.

Can you see it in there ??.

Nice juicy and very tender. Maybe just a tad,,,, rare for me. Next time I think I'll take IT to 140.

That's a hasselback potato and mac & cheese 

Last edited:

gotarace

Limited Mod
Joined Jan 27, 2011
That's a great looking loin right there 
 The finished plate looks excellent...Thanks for the q-view  

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Oh that looks great. I like it rare. I would have pulled it at 128-130.

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
El Perfecto !!!!

Nice job, Mike!

Bear

Testing Edit feature.

Last edited:

eppo

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 17, 2011
That looks awesome!!!

Your giving me idea's. I'm not that knowledgeable as to all of the cuts of meat. Isn't that where Filet Mignon comes from? about how much would i look at spending on a piece of meat like that?

thanks

chef willie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 31, 2010
That looks awesome!!!

Your giving me idea's. I'm not that knowledgeable as to all of the cuts of meat. Isn't that where Filet Mignon comes from? about how much would i look at spending on a piece of meat like that?

thanks
Yep, thats FM....and can be real spendy but what a treat. They can run 10+ a pound depending on the grade of the meat. But keep an eye out at places like Sams Club or maybe WalMart. If they get near the pull date you can catch a deal.

chef willie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 31, 2010
Looks awesome Mike, nice job on the hogtie. Thanks for the mention, I'm honored. It's not often, if ever, I inspire anybody <grin>......

eppo

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 17, 2011
About how much am I looking at per pound? Is that fillet meat? Need to do some research on cuts of meat.
That looks soo good!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
In the water???

Making me wonder just where that Lagoon was that "the creature from the black lagoon" lived.

Next Al will be posting a "Cold Smoked Prime Rib".  

Bear

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
Backs up to Als back...

If it ain't still moooing it is overcooked...

That's what my dear old mum used to say and I agree.

Have a great day!!

Craig

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.