Smoked Beef Tenderloin Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtworldmike

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
roaming shores, ohio
Chef Willie's Smoked Beef Tenderloin Q view looked so gooood,I thought I'd give it a try.

I basically just copy catted Chef Willie's  Q-View step by step and it turned out Great !!!   I'm not very creative so a big thanks to Chef Willie for sharing  a winner !!

The Details:

Rubbed with sea salt,black pepper garlic & onion powder and just a little Old Bay. (I put that S--- on everything LOL).

Didn't have any thick woosy sauce, so I had to use the cheep thin crap my wife gets at the Dollar Store.

Smoked @ 250-255 with just two chunks of cherry wood. Pulled when IT was 136  (Total time 2 hrs.- 45 mins.)  Let rest for only 30 mins.

Couldn't  let it rest any longer. Me and the boy were HUNGRY!! 

Nuff said  Here's the Q.  Hope you enjoy.

2.5 lb. tenderloin hog tied (didn't want it to get away) 

4c85baac_IMG_0381.jpg

Tied up and Rubbed up.

1da98d12_IMG_0382.jpg

Can you see it in there ??.

0a58b436_IMG_0383.jpg

Nice juicy and very tender. Maybe just a tad,,,, rare for me. Next time I think I'll take IT to 140.

dbd7feb0_IMG_0385.jpg

That's a hasselback potato and mac & cheese 

7f651dd7_IMG_0387.jpg

Last edited:
That looks awesome!!!

Your giving me idea's. I'm not that knowledgeable as to all of the cuts of meat. Isn't that where Filet Mignon comes from? about how much would i look at spending on a piece of meat like that?

thanks

Looks awesome from here. Done just right for me too

That looks awesome!!!

Your giving me idea's. I'm not that knowledgeable as to all of the cuts of meat. Isn't that where Filet Mignon comes from? about how much would i look at spending on a piece of meat like that?

thanks
Yep, thats FM....and can be real spendy but what a treat. They can run 10+ a pound depending on the grade of the meat. But keep an eye out at places like Sams Club or maybe WalMart. If they get near the pull date you can catch a deal.

About how much am I looking at per pound? Is that fillet meat? Need to do some research on cuts of meat.
That looks soo good!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

In the water???

Making me wonder just where that Lagoon was that "the creature from the black lagoon" lived.

Next Al will be posting a "Cold Smoked Prime Rib".  

laugh1.gif

Bear

Backs up to Als back...

If it ain't still moooing it is overcooked...

That's what my dear old mum used to say and I agree.

Have a great day!!

Craig

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky