SMF guys can't hang with the Ladies!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chef jimmyj

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 12, 2011
I belong to a Backyard Chicken forum as well. It's membership is primarily ladies. It has the same format as us so it's easy to navigate. Looking around here, a long lived busy thread has 200+/- posts and double that for views. On a good day the top replying members maybe comment on 40 threads. Well let me say YOU GUY CANT HANG WITH THE LADIES! There are several threads with a million views and tens or thousands replies!!! Slow threads have a thousand views and several hundred replies. Their top posters regularly reply to 150 to 200+ threads a day.
I am not sure how they do it but man there some fast typing going on over there...JJ[emoji]128512[/emoji]

WOW.    Remind me to stay off of that forum.

They must live on that forum to post a hundred posts a day.

It's pretty crazy because the replies are not just Welcome to the forum or Your Coop looks nice. These are detailed replies often multiple paragraphs. I have spent an hour or more on one thread and gave up after ten pages of replies. Just thought it was amusing comparing the two knowing SMF members are serious about participating and helping each other...

I got to give points to SMF members as WE stay on track with the discussion. There are threads there that start off asking about Chickens and a couple dozen replies later they are talking about how well the Daisies are growing...JJ

Last edited:
Al could kick their Butts!!! 
biggrin.gif

Bear

Dang, those numbers just boggle my mind. I thought this place was about the busiest I've been to with the possible exception of one. It's all I can do to scan thru the titles of new post daily and actually read the ones that stand out and sound like they address or ask something that might interest me.

Sounds like too much comotion for me, I'll just hang my hat on this forum and let the ladies have their space.

The ladies in our office can stand and talk for a half hour at a time. How can there be so much to talk about?
Kudos to the women on this site for not just rambling on and on.

My wife once commented that she doesn't "pass gas", I didn't argue just stated "you couldn't shut up long enough to retain any"   
ROTF.gif
   My jaw still hurts a little form time time after that day....
wife.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky