• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Compressor issues

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
I would go with that, but I have all dewalt tool, and they battery ones only have the screw on presta adapter and I have used to forever and have come to hate them.

I need to be able to put something like this on the hose
Ah..... Pretty much any of the pancake ones work really well. If you want a compact one the 2.5 gal brushless Dewalt is COOL!
 
I changed my mind. Going with this rigid pancake I have a couple rigid shop vac that are decades old and still run great. I think they are a btter brand than husky.
I was looking at that when I bought the Dewalt. Nice unit. The Dewalt was on sale at an ACE store for the same price. What sold me was the one turn regulator and dual air chucks.
 
Heads up yes like Steve said inflating a tire with these is doable but not fast like using 150psi. I like it still but say you got a flat car tire. Gonna take 10m and 2 batteries. Bike tire take like 30s. Inflate low pressure car tire is 2-3m. Still beats dragging out the hose etc... Also semi related those cordless nailers are HEAVY AF. Like 3-4 times of pneumatic and full of safety buttons. Not a fan at all. Ok for that small project where you are not using it much but that's it. That said, I am was VERY impressed with my Ryobi 1/2" cordless impact. $70... I had my doubts and thought I would need better line. Oh man shoulda grabbed one years ago! I am deep into Hitachi/Ryobi so was hesitant to try Ryobi but happy I did. It all started with wife getting me a cordless glue glun.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-O..._-329062265-_-0-_-n/a-_-n/a-_-n/a-_-n/a-_-n/a

This Milwaukee one is even slicker. Can run off battery or AC and then CHARGE batteries.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauk..._-329062265-_-7-_-n/a-_-n/a-_-n/a-_-n/a-_-n/a
They no longer make this.

Screenshot_1-10-2026_25115_www.ebay.com.jpeg

Not my picture. Mine's in the garage. Too lazy to go get it. This doesn't charge a battery though.
 
I have a lot of Dewalt cordless tools so I have this. What is nice is it has an easy clip on connector for a tire valve and you can set the pressure you want. It will go until the desired pressure then stop and beep to let you know it's done. It is also pretty fast.

dewalt_20Vmax_aircompressor_01.jpg


I also have a 30 gallon HF vertical one in the garage. This is just more convenient.
 
Humm, most all the smaller compressors I have owned have leaked down over night. Most likely through the internal valves. I just turn them off, then fire them back up in the mornings or when I need them next when I walk in the door. Then get situated for the job at hand and am good to go in a couple min. I do use al couple air tanks made from an old Freon bottles for portable needs. Have one that the original valve is still a good seal after more than 20 years.
 
I did the opposite when my 5 gallon Husky died on me. Lasted about 20 years so not complaining. I got a 60 gallon 175psi compressor that runs on 120v outlet. Would have gone bigger but I don't have 240v in the garage. I have a few air tools that I need more air capacity to use them.
 
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Back
Top
Clicky