• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Spicy Bacon Spamwich

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Compulsive Smoker

Smoking Fanatic
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined
Jul 17, 2026
Messages
788
Reaction score
825
Location
Mohnton PA
I hadn’t had spam in years, but after @dr rat did his post about spam, it got me to thinking…🤔

I threw a pack of bacon and some spam brushed with Kinder’s on the Traeger @ 300*…
IMG_1883.jpeg

IMG_1886.jpeg

Let it on for about 30 mins, then removed the bacon and cranked it up to 400 to finish the spam.
All done…
IMG_1889.jpeg

Toasted bun w/ mayonnaise
IMG_1891.jpeg

Spam and provolone…
IMG_1893.jpeg

Jalapeño jelly…
IMG_1895.jpeg

Crumbled bacon…
IMG_1896.jpeg

And the final sammie!
IMG_1897.jpeg

A lot of work to go to for spam Lol! But it was delicious! Thanks for looking!
 
Thanks for sharing, we enjoy "spam" singed in a kitchen skilled every once in a while for a grilled cheese with spam sandwich. Yours looks a whole lot better, will have to give it a try. I think we will like your version a whole lot better.

I do slice chub bologna about 3/8 in thick and put them on the grill with a little smoke and BBQ sauce to singe. I put two slices per quart zip bag to freeze for the two of us to enjoy when we want later.

In Oklahoma the local Walmart's have a Great Value brand something similar to "Spam" that to me is certainly close enough for about half the price of real labeled Spam. Even the can matches, just different print on the label. Might give that a try if you happen to see it.
 
Last edited:
I hadn’t had spam in years, but after @dr rat did his post about spam, it got me to thinking…🤔

I threw a pack of bacon and some spam brushed with Kinder’s on the Traeger @ 300*…
View attachment 741469
View attachment 741470
Let it on for about 30 mins, then removed the bacon and cranked it up to 400 to finish the spam.
All done…
View attachment 741471
Toasted bun w/ mayonnaise
View attachment 741472
Spam and provolone…
View attachment 741473
Jalapeño jelly…
View attachment 741474
Crumbled bacon…
View attachment 741475
And the final sammie!
View attachment 741476
A lot of work to go to for spam Lol! But it was delicious! Thanks for looking!
I saw where you are getting into sausage making. SPAM is sausage and homemade is way better and way cheaper. There are a few threads on here about it, but here is my go to https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/spam.325410/

Can be flavored to your taste, but it is good the way it is. I slice it 1/2 inch thick and vac seal 4 pieces to a pack then freeze
 
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top
Clicky