SMALL weight...same time? (brisket point)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

FishInTheDesert

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 6, 2018
So im cooking a half brisket....mostly point.

After trimming it....that thing is small, prolly around 3 pounds. Im planning to make burnt ends with it....but im wondering if I still need to plan like I do for brisket. I usually wake up at 3 or 4 am to get things started and prepped for a 12-ish hour cook.

For how small this thing is....do I need to do that? I cant imagine it taking that long to hit 180-190...but I have no idea! How long should I plan for this cook? hoping to have it done in time for supper....instead of having it finish up at 1 or 2 oclock and leaving it in the microwave till its time to eat. I think I wanna wrap at 160 too...i just got some butcher paper and wanna use it. I know smoking is all about experimenting anyway....so figure I cant ruin it by wrapping! lol

Well....it depends on what temperature you will be cooking at. I'm a low and slow kind of guy, so I would cook at 225 and estimate cooking time at 1.5 hours per pound.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky