Small Garden in East Texas

Discussion in 'Small Spaces' started by gary s, Mar 28, 2014.

1. I'll take a picture tomorrow been down in the 20's last couple of nights 

Gary

2. Sorry, late on the picture

Far end , Broccoli , Cauliflower, Cabbage Carrots Butter Crunch Lettuce, Spinach, Loose Leaf Lettuce and Scallions  And of coarse  weeds throughout   Just haven't felt like messing with it

3. txsmokedlk

txsmokedlk Fire Starter

Looks good Gary. I hope one day I can have a larger and more productive garden. All I have right now are onions.
    My father in law had a great year. For his Fall garden....wow. Over 300 tomatoes!

4. We have been fortunate the last several years we have had fantastic spring and fall gardens, wife loves tomatoe,s eats them all summer and fall and cans a bunch for winter  

Gary

5. Still getting lettuce, spinach and scallions. Broccoli and cabbage will be ready soon 

Gary

6. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Our Icicles & Snowbanks are growing beautifully up here, Gary!!

Bear

7. This was our last icicle crop back last February 

8. December 16th 2014    Here is my garden   You can tell by the pictures I have a bumper crop of weeds.

I always mix in cow manure when I till  this batch had a bunch of clover and weeds in it

This end has a bunch of green onions mixed in with the weeds

More weeds with lettuce ans spinach 

Cabbage coming along nicely 

More weeds cabbage and lettuce

Broccoli

Close up of broccoli 

9. I forgot ! in picture #4  there are carrots in there too, We have eaten most of them 

Gary

10. driedstick

driedstick Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Oh your garden looks great, here is mine. LOL Right behind the deer. - see it?? neither do I. [​IMG]

11. Got ambitious picked about half of the Spinach ---------  Blanched and froze 6 bags

Cleaning and washing

12. bearcarver

Looks Great Gary!![​IMG]

If we had a garden, it would look more like Driedstick's garden!!

Bear

13. Yeah, be a pain in the you know what to have to shovel snow to find your broccoli 

Gary

14. 34 º here today,  wife went out to the garden and picked some cabbage, carrots,and broccoli   Going to have some nice fresh slaw with lunch today

Gary

15. bearcarver

Right now we got 56° on my front porch & 40° on my back deck.

That's because the sun is on the front of the house & shade is on the back.

Mrs Bear gets mad at me when I tell her it's because the back of the house is farther North!! [​IMG]

Bear

16. Garden is done, Wife just picked the last of the cabbage,  Be pulling up remaining plants and stems and spraying the weeds, to get it ready for spring

17. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nice looking cabbage Gary..... wish we could grow it here...

18. Thanks, I'll get the garden cleaned up sprayed with Riundup (Still trying to get rid that clover and weeds that were in the cow manure)

Gary

19. Nice day today  68 º and sunny,  got the garden cleaned up

Gary

20. Getting close to tilling time

Gary