Pepper haul from garden

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I know I'm late to the party but there's nothing like a table full of shiny peppers...congrats. I grew Big Jims last year and they were quite hot for me as I like to stay between bell pepper and jalapeno for the heat scale. It could be because of the heatwave we had here too. Stressed peppers will grow smaller and hotter. Just a terrible year last year but this year has been fantastic where I'm at.

Maybe I'll do a post on them if anyone is interested...but I just finished up my season processing about 130 lbs of 18 different varieties of peps. The Poblano's, Anaheim's and Italian peps were roasted, skinned and chopped for chili. The Spanish and Hungarian Paprika's were smoked, dehydrated and powdered. So I have a small freezer packed to the top with 56 lbs of processed peps and about 6 lbs. of smoked paprika.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that has the Peter Piper disease.

Reactions: jcam222
I like the idea of making Paprika. What wood and temp do you do? I have made Chipotle & Adobo in the past.

I know I'm late to the party but there's nothing like a table full of shiny peppers...congrats. I grew Big Jims last year and they were quite hot for me as I like to stay between bell pepper and jalapeno for the heat scale. It could be because of the heatwave we had here too. Stressed peppers will grow smaller and hotter. Just a terrible year last year but this year has been fantastic where I'm at.

Maybe I'll do a post on them if anyone is interested...but I just finished up my season processing about 130 lbs of 18 different varieties of peps. The Poblano's, Anaheim's and Italian peps were roasted, skinned and chopped for chili. The Spanish and Hungarian Paprika's were smoked, dehydrated and powdered. So I have a small freezer packed to the top with 56 lbs of processed peps and about 6 lbs. of smoked paprika.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that has the Peter Piper disease.
Heck yes post away

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky