SMALL GARDEN IN EAST TEXAS -4

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
Hello, Hello
To start off the Year I tilled in leaves and grass trimmings early on so it would have time to decompose.
Next my neighbor and I Bought a Trailer load of good compost, Got it tilled in
Had to put up a fence to keep out the new puppy (she loves to run and play in the garden, (Cant have that)

Got My onions Planted today

Built the gate and put up 16ft Livestock panels with T post using Zip-ties Easy up, Easy down
IMG_1921.jpg

Planted 225 onions
IMG_1922.jpg

More as the season progresses

Gary

Thank you Bear

Gary

I am definitely jealous that you can start this early! Garden looks very nice! Show us that gardening puppy lol. I used to have a pug that would run to the garden every time I went. His thing was he loved to eat cherry tomatoes off the plant.

Garden looks good, but being from the north I'm jealous. But I'm a softie for dogs...she's beautiful!

Ryan

Thanks Guys actually she is a big baby and stays on my lap most of the time

Gary

Sorry I haven't posted more pics Here are a few, Onions and Cucumbers are really coming on
Tomato plants are loaded, Some Squash is ready to pick.

IMG_2250.jpg
IMG_2254.JPG
IMG_2255.JPG
IMG_2256.JPG

To put into perspective how jealous I am we will likely just be getting ours in this weekend in NE Ohio lol. So much rain and cold weather earlier in the month.
Nice garden you have going though, gotta love fresh veggies.

Tomato Time

Here is the first round of tomatoes we canned 6 Quarts
We will have about much again in a couple of days
We try to can at least 20 quarts every year That usually gets us through till next season
IMG_2300.jpg

Some Finishing up ripening on the table. If you let them stay till thaey are bright red the
birds start getting them.
IMG_2301.jpg

Roses are from my Wife's Rose bushes, Granddaughter brought my wife the others

Gary

Reactions: Bearcarver
Looks like you have a good start! They look really good. Be waiting awhile for ours. Can't wait for the 1st BLT with garden fresh masters!

Ryan

We have been tearing the BLT's up

Gary

Nice Maters Gary!!
Like.
Too late to make a movie out of your garden & calling it "The Endless Summer".
No fresh Maters around here for a long time yet !!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky