SMALL GARDEN IN EAST TEXAS - 3

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I was sitting around thinking about my Garden and what all I have. Not sure if everything will produce this year but hoping the majority will.
My veggies : Tomatoes 3 types, Peppers 2 types, Onions 2 types, Cucumbers 2 types, Squash, Zucchini ,garlic, Potatoes and Asparagus
Fruit : Strawberry's, Muscadine's, Blackberry's, Blueberry's ,Grapes ,Figs,Peaches, Plums, Pears and Kiwi

All my veggies will do good, Strawberry's, Figs, Blackberry's should do good Hoping my Muscadine's will really produce
Peach tree should have peaches this year Maybe the Plum, probably not the Pear. Should have some grapes and possibly Blueberry's. Kiwi will probably be next year.

I love Gardening and Growing

Gary

Last edited:
I got some tomato fertilizer sunday...buddy caught 77 catfish on saturday. Perfect timing as my tomato plants have been in the ground for 3 weeks...
IMG_20190407_140543.jpg

Tomatoes are happy, still need to get my peppers inda ground.
IMG_20190407_153033.jpg

Thanks guys. I sent a pic to my BIL who lives just south of North Little Rock He said his rotted in the ground.
They have had a ton of rain. It is his second year of Vegetable Gardening, Same thing happened to him last year.
Bummer. I'm one of those guys who roll the dice every year and plant early, sometimes it works out, some times I have to replant, This year worked out, I'll have a few squash by next week and already have a few peppers. and my onions are really getting big.

Gary

I've not had success planting onions. Always get smallish bulbs and have to fight with the white lace flies eating the green tops.
What variety are you growing? What are you doing to combat pests on your onions?

I grew from seed planted in a flat in October, then transplanted the starts first week of December. Seeds were easier to source locally. I'd have to order starts.

Yea, sad to hear about all the rain North of us... I expect veggie prices to go up because of it....
The Miss. River is on track to smash the high water duration record that was set back in 1927. River was on a slow fall, but with all the recent rains, it is now on a rise again....

Here are a few pics of my Grapes, Blackberry's and Wife's Flowers

IMG_1109.jpg
IMG_1110.jpg
IMG_1111.jpg
IMG_1108.jpg

Looks Great, as always, Gary!!
Love Me some of my Favorite "Roasted Reds" !!!

It seems it never stops raining up here!!!
Every year more of my yards turn from Grass to Moss. It's really getting ridiculous with the rain in SE PA !!
The North side of things like my house, my garage, and even the grass on the North sides of the Wooded Areas are all gradually changing to Moss, which has no root structure, and rips off easily when you drive over it with the mower.

I used to be able to kick up dust when I mowed---Haven't seen any Dust for at least 10 years around here!!

Bear

Weatherman says we are going to get a bunch of rain over the next several days

Gary

Here are a few more Pics, Just looked at my Muscadine Vines, Squash and Wife's Roses
If all the Muscadine's make I'll have a lot. Loaded all the way down the fence.

IMG_1114.jpg
IMG_1116.jpg
IMG_1117.jpg
IMG_1118.jpg
IMG_1119.jpg

Thanks Warren

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky