Skirt Steak & Bacon Wrapped Armadillo Eggs (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man that is some tasty looking food!! Your pics are getting better and better as well!
Thank you my friend. I just use an old Samsung Galaxy S8. I sometimes wonder if the lighting changes and sometimes makes for better pics.

Robert

Reactions: jcam222
Oh My!!!! Well done. Nothing like taking Armadillo Eggs up a notch. I will be doing the traditional ones this weekend wrapped in sausage. My buddy coats them in shake and bake. I might give that a go.
Thanks Brian. Lots of different ways to make these. I just got the idea from Fred wrapping his with chicken. Many different options so you really can't go wrong.

Robert

Those look really good and I bet they had a nice combination of flavors! The HF is a keeper!
Thanks very much and yes, it was a tremendous combination of flavors, any of which can be changed to your tastes. Yep, I plan on keeping the HF around for a while....at least until I come up with a design that I think might be better :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Yeah baby! The skirt steak was probably the perfect balance/addition!!
Thanks so much. The steak was fantastic with the peppers but there are tons of different ways these could be done that would be great.

Robert

Another excellent meal from your Hy Fyre, Robert! That is a smoking/cooking machine...
Very much appreciate it buddy. Yep, I'm loving that smoker. Heck, not only is it a great smoker but with the burner I put in I can easily get baking temps and have been using it instead of the oven in the house.

Robert

Oh baby YES! Great idea with the skirt steak Robert. Looks like that temp was a perfect choice to get all three components done correctly
Thanks very much Matt. We love our steak around here as you know and this worked out really well. The temp I just guessed at but yes, it worked out well.

Robert

Very much appreciate it buddy. Yep, I'm loving that smoker. Heck, not only is it a great smoker but with the burner I put in I can easily get baking temps and have been using it instead of the oven in the house.

Robert
Heck yeah!! Anytime I can keep the cooking heat out of the house, especially during the summer, it saves some money on the electricity bill...

Nice job, Robert. These look great! I may have to try a version of them myself. Thanks for posting the detailed step by step
Than ks so much for the kind words and the inspiration Fred. These were really good and just a ton of fun to do. Next time though I'll go with a more in-depth Mexican flavor profile.

Robert

Reactions: Texas Cookin'
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky