Sirloin Grilling Tips - Kettle Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Well, another week of vacation and another night of firing up the kettle. Next to flank steak these sirloin tips are my favorite cut to grill and most importantly eat. Enough gibber-jabber let's get it on.

First things first. Kudos to the sous chef who was doing an outstanding job that afternoon.
DSC04093.JPG

Next up the tips: a little pricey but well worth it to me.
DSC04084.JPG

Unwrapped shot:
DSC04085.JPG

and into the teriyaki bath for a few hours:
DSC04089.JPG

Here they be out of the bath and waiting for their turn to shine. Along with one of their cousins Mr. T-bone(for the wife). It's a whole lot thinner than it looked in the store.

DSC04091.JPG

Fired up the 22" kettle with the vortex for this cook. Narrow side up. Tips on:

DSC04096.JPG

Heated up until the meat freely gives itself up from the grate. Then flipped so the other side doesn't get jealous:
DSC04099.JPG

Then set off to the side while their cousin gets his turn:
DSC04101.JPG

Finished off the cousin with some Q-sauce, because the wife like it that way. Go figure.
DSC04103.JPG

Sliced one up for its pictorial:
DSC04107.JPG

...and finally served with a side of seafood pasta salad: Shrimp and scallops.
DSC04135.JPG

Oh and I picked up a Lodge cast iron pan at Wally world for about 15.00. Not sure if its a good price or not, but it was an impulse buy.
DSC04137.JPG

Thanks for taking a look. Have a great day!!!

Chris

Decent price on the cast iron. Beef looks great. I think I could make a meal on the side you got there. All around a great looking meal!
Jim

Reactions: gmc2003
Looking real good there, Chris.
Thanks Edmonds, What's that saying "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while"

Phenomenal piece for work there Chris, love teriyaki beef! You be makin' that kettle sing! RAY
Appreciate it Ray. I'm just the middle man between the kettle and the butcher. They do all the hard work.

Chris

Decent price on the cast iron. Beef looks great. I think I could make a meal on the side you got there. All around a great looking meal!
Jim

Thanks Jim, Originally the side was supposed to be the main course. When I went to the local grocer that plan changed quickly.

Chris

Reactions: JLeonard
Man Chris!! No offense but your wife can keep the T-Bone. I'm in love with those strips. They look fantastic!! Beautiful cook sir.

Robert

Chris, I must agree with Robert. Those strips put that T-bone to shame and I would never turn down a T-bone, but DAMN! those strips.

Stu

All looks like a great time, you and the sous chef, the meat looks delicious and wow a T-bone for the Mrs. really like the seafood, nothing better than a grilled steak surf and turf. Big like.
Those Lodge pans are a bit textured on the cook surface these days, but they are good pans, nice useful impulse buy, mine usually not so much.

Well, another week of vacation and another night of firing up the kettle. Next to flank steak these sirloin tips are my favorite cut to grill and most importantly eat. Enough gibber-jabber let's get it on.

First things first. Kudos to the sous chef who was doing an outstanding job that afternoon.
View attachment 640362

Next up the tips: a little pricey but well worth it to me.
View attachment 640363

Unwrapped shot:
View attachment 640364

and into the teriyaki bath for a few hours:
View attachment 640365

Here they be out of the bath and waiting for their turn to shine. Along with one of their cousins Mr. T-bone(for the wife). It's a whole lot thinner than it looked in the store.

View attachment 640366

Fired up the 22" kettle with the vortex for this cook. Narrow side up. Tips on:

View attachment 640367

Heated up until the meat freely gives itself up from the grate. Then flipped so the other side doesn't get jealous:
View attachment 640368
Then set off to the side while their cousin gets his turn:
View attachment 640369
Finished off the cousin with some Q-sauce, because the wife like it that way. Go figure.
View attachment 640370
Sliced one up for its pictorial:
View attachment 640371

...and finally served with a side of seafood pasta salad: Shrimp and scallops.
View attachment 640372

Oh and I picked up a Lodge cast iron pan at Wally world for about 15.00. Not sure if its a good price or not, but it was an impulse buy.
View attachment 640373

Thanks for taking a look. Have a great day!!!

Chris
Sirloin tips? Call me a dumb yankee (handsome though) but never heard or had this cut of meat before. I may have overlooked it at the local grocery store. However, I will be on the lookout for this. That cut of meat looks sooo good! The way you grilled it….wow!
I’m on a mission now!
Thanks for posting. Enjoy your vacation…..again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky