• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Should I buy this Charcoal Grill?

GasGriller76

Joined Apr 9, 2018
What is everyone's thoughts on this barbecue grill. Do you think it is worth it? I am looking into getting a new Charcoal Grill.

amazon" style="max-width:120px">

mosparky

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 11, 2015
Personally, I'm not a fan of no lid or open lid cookers. In my experience, closing the lid seriously cuts down on flare ups and keeps the wind from pushing the heat away from the food directly over the coals. Your mileage may vary.
I use a 22" Weber Kettle for most charcoal cooks and if the need arises, I have a 26" combo firepit/grill very similar to the 26" Weber Kettle.

Phil Chart

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 16, 2017
I guess it depends on what you want to do with it I agree with mosparky 22" Weber is the best way to go

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I like the idea you can raise & lower the charcoal grate, but would agree with the others that Weber is the way to go.
Al

phatbac

Master of the Pit
Joined Jun 11, 2013
+1 for the Weber kettle. i got a 22 One touch silver for $90 and a couple accessories for about $20 each. (baskets for 2 - zone cooking and new grate) i have been thinking of adding a rotisserie for $80. i do that i will almost be 2/3 into what you will put into that grill you shown. bang for the buck I'm a big believer in the Weber!

Happy Grilling,
phatbac (Aaron)

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Add another vote for the Weber kettle. It's just to versatile to not own.

Chris

Smoke23

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 15, 2017
It looks nice, but I’d go for a Weber as well. Gotta have a lid to control flare ups and temp.

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
Interesting. I saw nothing but a blank page using Explorer, but on Chrome the pic appeared.

The $399 price is what caught my attention. If it were me, I'd buy the 26" Weber for $299 instead. WAAAAAY more versatile and will probably last longer.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.