Shiny new Weber Smokey Mountain and I'm ready to get it dirty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Which goes on the top rack if you do a Pork Roast and a Brisket at the same time?

• The Pork Roast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Brisket

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

butcherjuj

Original poster
May 2, 2016
Hi, all. 

I just put together my big old 22"  and last weekend I gave it it's maiden firing!  Ready to try my first brisket this weekend.  I've gotten some pointers from the guy who talked me into buying it, but I'll take anything I can get.

I'm from Los Angeles, down by the beach, but I've been around the block a few times and I know good barbecue, that's why I want to make it myself!

You folks seem friendly enough, so I'll take what I can get. 

I guess based on what I learned already I won't be injecting my brisket.  I get the basic idea, I've practiced maintaining temperature, so I've got a few days to figure out what to rub on it and go on Saturday.

I might try a pork roast at the same time.  (which one goes on top when you do it?)

Here we go!

Juj  

Welcome from SC. It's good to have you here. I'd use SPOG (salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder) on the brisket and put it on top. This doesn't really matter as far as juices are concerned, I think the heat would be better on the top. The only time I am concerned about juices is when poultry is involved. IMO, poultry always goes on the bottom.

On the pork roast, I would use Jeff's rub. His rub and sauce is awesome. The recipes are available here and are very user friendly. They can be tweaked to suit your personal taste. The proceeds from the sale of the recipes goes to the maintenance of the site.

Good luck and good smokin', Joe

Welcome!

You're going to enjoy that Weber. Use the search bar at the top of the page. My bet is there are a multitude of recipes for brisket on a WSM.  Probably more than you have time to read! 

Thanks for joining!

B

Welcome to the addiction!!!

New enough to still has that new smoker smell... 
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky