Shhh! I am Freaking Out

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pi in sc

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
Columbia, SC
Well. I have to tell someone and since the risk in telling a group of strangers is pretty low....here it goes. I found out yesterday my wife is pregnant. All in all I am excited but the fear and shock are still very high on the list. We are a bit up in age (mid fortys) and were not planning another child. Lots of emotions bouncing around and looking forward to all of them subsiding except for the sheer joy of the moment. She is only 7 weeks in so we have decided to not tell friends, family and the kids until we get to the 12 week mark...

WHEW! Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!!!

Paul

congratulations, pi!

i'm not much of a bible thumper, but i do beleive that everything happens for a reason, even if we may never know it. this experience will be one heck of a ride for both of you and also for your new child.

i just turned 38 last week, and i found that as i got older (i had my first child at 19 and my fourth at 31) i tried to learn from my mistakes with previous children and be a more patient, understanding and tolerant parent. things that made me fly off the handle at 21 barely get a blip on my radar at 33. also, when i had my fourth child, it made me realize this woul probably be the last time i would have a chance to hold a baby of mine, give him a bath, teach him to walk and talk - even change a diaper! so i am trying to enjoy it and i do beleive this has brought me closer to my three older children as well.

treasure every moment and don't worry about the freaking out - it's natural, but so is the source of your freaking out!

take care -

ron

Congrats my man!!! A child is a blessing... All Im asking is that you do not rub it down and smoke it when its done cooking in the oven...

Another future StickBurner
rolleyes.gif
Yippee!!!

I like that!!! I'm confident all will work out just fine.....although I'm not available to babysit....well maybe!!

I have a 2yr granddaughter and I love it when I get to babysit by myself....we go out to dinner at a nice place....and she's pretty good too....usually gets free desert because she's so cute!!

Congrats!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Looks like I have someone else to talk to about the Misses being "prego".
Mine is due in first part of November...hmmm that about the same time frame as you!
biggrin.gif

Wow! Congratulations to you. A new child is always good, but it is rough now that you are coming into the time of your life to start easing back.

Take care of the Mrs and keep her checked up. Now that you're older you'll find a whole new set of blessings.

Congrats and I'll look forward to the "future smoker" baby pics

GShhhh I would be too, BUT look at it as a blessing. I never wanted to be married or have a kid (not me but the wife :) ) and in hindsight it was one of the few good things I did in my life. Take a deep breath and relax. all will be good.

Congratulations! It is going to be a whole new experience.

I have taken care of lots of "later in life" pregnancies (That is until I had to give it up over the malpractice cost) and all turns out well.

God bless

Congratulations! BTW, you did find out what caused that, didn't you?
biggrin.gif

As my daddy always said; "Just cause there is snow on the roof top doesn't mean there ain't still fire in the furnace!" Congrats

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky