Second time meeting Harry Soo of Slap Yo Daddy.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbally

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 24, 2007
Western Colorado
This is the second time I have had the opportunity to speak with Harry Soo of Slap Yo Daddy competiive barbeque team. The first being last year at the HavaBBQ contest. He and his whole team are very helpful and very nice.

He came up to look at the paella I had cooked and made up for the people attending to help raise money for the Lions Club. He asked me if I was of Spanish accestry. I told him I was a caterer so I had what ever ancestry the person carrying the checkbook had! He tought that was funny... I told him restaurants have a genre and ask you to look at the menu and see if it fits what you want to eat.... caterers say: "Say sure what is the budget?"

So Harry put a picture in his blog of the paella. If you click the picture it will take you over to the teams blog written by Harry.

b6d3b0fc_IMAG0842-300x225.jpg

Very Cool, Bob!

I think I will mention that if you go to that blog, you can also zoom in on that paella---TWICE !

Awesome!

Bear

Watching Harry Soo on the tv circuit, he seems like a very nice , unpretentious man that knows how to do Q.

I guess my observations were correct?

Watching Harry Soo on the tv circuit, he seems like a very nice , unpretentious man that knows how to do Q.

I guess my observations were correct?
I have met him twice.... but my impression is they really like to share how they make what they make and they want new teams to learn to do well so they will keep coming back.  Very nice to speak with, very interested in what we were doing and climbed all over the rig to understand why I designed it the way I did... generally interested in understanding people's motivation.  So I would say you hit it on the head correct!

Of course you will see other stuff written, to my mind it is an outcropping of jealousy that seems to happen when people achieve a little fame.  They become targets of those that would like fame, but don't have the personality nor the professional skills to achieve it.

Of course you will see other stuff written, to my mind it is an outcropping of jealousy that seems to happen when people achieve a little fame.  They become targets of those that would like fame, but don't have the personality nor the professional skills to achieve it.
That is so so true. It frost my bells to hear people degrade folks like that. Can't wrap my mind around those kind of statements.

Wow, very cool Bob! That paella looks awesome and I am of Spanish ancestry and know a good paella when I see one. I can almost taste it.
first.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky