Scholarship Raffle Knife

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
Some every year the local highway districts organization in Idaho does a raffle to raise funds for scholorships to be given to rural students, companies donate all kinds of stuff like white water rafting trips to chainsaws, so this year I thought I would donate a knife. I was gifted some preheat treated 440c stainless so this is what I turned it into......
08CB78EC-00E4-40D0-AAFD-9C5D359D2422.jpeg

Black canvas Micarta scales with hollow brass pins and copper accent pins. I wanted it to have a little flare......I think it turned out pretty cool!
04847F66-19CF-4CD8-B6BF-904FAA8FAB94.jpeg

Just need to make the sheath, it will be carbon fiber Kydex, and sharpen it. Hopefully it will yield some funds for a deserving student!

is the bidding open to the public?

I would bid on that or pay to have one custom built with the proceeds going to the kids in need. That is simply awesome as is the concept behind you making it. If you'd consider making me one from the ground up, I'll pay for it and you can donate the funds as you see fit. Please send a PM if this is something you'd consider doing. I might actually have two of them built. One I would keep and the other would be included in an SMF Christmas exchange.

Wow...just plain WOW!!
Robert

Last edited:
That's a beautiful knife! You definitely have alot of talent! I too am curious about if tickets are available to anyone.

Ryan

is the bidding open to the public?
I’m not positive but I believe so,...I can find out and PM the info.

I would bid on that or pay to have one custom built with the proceeds going to the kids in need. That is simply awesome as is the concept behind you making it. If you'd consider making me one from the ground up, I'll pay for it and you can donate the funds as you see fit. Please send a PM if this is something you'd consider doing. I might actually have two of them built. One I would keep and the other would be included in an SMF Christmas exchange.

Wow...just plain WOW!!
Robert
Thanks Robert! Right now I only make about 15 or so a year...but I’ll send you a PM...

By the way this was the “gifted” 440c stainless (rather than the round file).....it’s good steel but needed some TLC......or a 36 grit ceramic going 3900 ft/min.....LOL
C3F02144-76A7-4CAC-A45C-55C21F950A1F.jpeg

oh it wasTHICK like 7/32”, I thinned it to just a little under a 1/8” and then the flat bevel to balance it. The small pin holes were under the old scales.....ie there was NO drilling in the hardened steel.....

That is beautiful, Man you do some amazing work! Thank you for sharing, I have no doubt that will be a big ticket item! God Bless you for that effort.

That is beautiful, Man you do some amazing work! Thank you for sharing, I have no doubt that will be a big ticket item! God Bless you for that effort.
Thanks bjw!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky