Say "Cheese"

Discussion in 'Cheese' started by rstr hunter, Feb 11, 2011.

1. rstr hunter

rstr hunter Smoking Fanatic

Decided to try my first attempt at smoking cheese.  Decided to do a cherry smoke with my Amazin Smoker on Mozzerella, Swiss, Cheddar, Pepper Jack, and Muenster.  Here is how it looked. 

[​IMG]

After 2 1/2-3 hours in the MES

[​IMG]

Did these in 4 oz cubes for two reasons.

1)  Smoke could permeate through fairly well.

2)  Wanted to be able to give away a few sampler trays for feedback so I know what others think as well.

Packaged and ready to go.

[​IMG]

Now to wait until it ages to sample.  The Amazin Smoker made this a quick and easy project and the smoker temps never got much over 80 as I just used the MES with the heating element turned off.

jmk3921 likes this.
  2. smokeamotive

smokeamotive Smoking Fanatic

Lookin good. Waitin on mine to age now,gonna be tough!

3. Cheeeeeesssseeeee, Rstr Hunter, that is some fine  looking cheese, I have never tried to smoke cheese but absolutely love it!  I buy a commercial Apple Wood smoked cheddar all the time to snack on and my Mom uses it in her 5 cheese mac-n-cheese and it is really great.  Looks like that the Amazin Smoker strikes again.  I am considering getting one a little later.  I have been smoking for about 8 yrs. now, only hot smoking never tried cold smoking but am planning on trying it before too long!  After seeing your Q-view it may be sooner rather than later. Keep up the good work.

Your SMF Friend,

Barry  [​IMG]

4. les3176

les3176 Master of the Pit

Great looking cheese!!!

5. Geez another very nice set of smoked cheese. Looks good!

6. cycletrash

cycletrash Meat Mopper

Don't you hate waiting til it ages ??

7. porked

porked Smoking Fanatic

Nice job on the cheese!

8. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fine looking cheese!

It will be worth the wait!

Bear

9. Looks awesome, I've been wanting to try smoking some cheese.

10. rw willy

rw willy Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

How'd the paper taste?

Cheese looks great.  I like the sample pack idea.  I hate opening up a pound pack so a bud can have a taste.  They always want to taste things that aren't open yet!

11. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great looking cheese smoke - congrats. You are going to love it even more in a couple of weeks.  That right there is why I always smoke some fresh mozzarella too so I can have some NOW

12. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

That's a great load of cheese. Your going to love it. The hardest part it waiting to eat it.

13. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great looking cheese!

14. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Looks good!

Craig

15. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

nice looking Cheese there.. looks tasty..

16. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Nice job, I vacuum mine in small packages too. I like the variety & color.

17. jmk3921

jmk3921 Smoke Blower

Looks great---CHEESE, DOES A BODY GOOD!! I bet it will taste amazing.--[​IMG]

18. arnie

arnie Smoking Fanatic

Goods great!     [​IMG]

If I can get myself situated I’m gonna give smoking cheese a try this weekend

19. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Rockin' Cheese!!

I had some cubed cheese left over from a party, and threw it in when I made my last batch of smoked cheese.  They turned out awesome!

Worst part is the waiting.

Todd

20. woodchucks

woodchucks Smoke Blower

Looks great.... I am smoking cheese for the first time right now. How long do I need to let it age before I can eat it?

Doing Pepper Jack and Colby Jack.