Say "Cheese"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rstr hunter

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
Fort Pierre, SD
Decided to try my first attempt at smoking cheese.  Decided to do a cherry smoke with my Amazin Smoker on Mozzerella, Swiss, Cheddar, Pepper Jack, and Muenster.  Here is how it looked. 

86319b4f_IMG_0506.jpg

After 2 1/2-3 hours in the MES

535f552d_IMG_0515.jpg

Did these in 4 oz cubes for two reasons.

1)  Smoke could permeate through fairly well.

2)  Wanted to be able to give away a few sampler trays for feedback so I know what others think as well.

Packaged and ready to go.

7e2f64e8_IMG_0517.jpg

Now to wait until it ages to sample.  The Amazin Smoker made this a quick and easy project and the smoker temps never got much over 80 as I just used the MES with the heating element turned off.

Reactions: jmk3921
Cheeeeeesssseeeee, Rstr Hunter, that is some fine  looking cheese, I have never tried to smoke cheese but absolutely love it!  I buy a commercial Apple Wood smoked cheddar all the time to snack on and my Mom uses it in her 5 cheese mac-n-cheese and it is really great.  Looks like that the Amazin Smoker strikes again.  I am considering getting one a little later.  I have been smoking for about 8 yrs. now, only hot smoking never tried cold smoking but am planning on trying it before too long!  After seeing your Q-view it may be sooner rather than later. Keep up the good work.

Your SMF Friend,

Barry 
biggrin.gif

Great looking cheese smoke - congrats. You are going to love it even more in a couple of weeks.  That right there is why I always smoke some fresh mozzarella too so I can have some NOW

Rockin' Cheese!!

I had some cubed cheese left over from a party, and threw it in when I made my last batch of smoked cheese.  They turned out awesome!

Worst part is the waiting.

Todd

Looks great.... I am smoking cheese for the first time right now. How long do I need to let it age before I can eat it?

Doing Pepper Jack and Colby Jack.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky