Saturday Smoked Sirloin Roast (Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Perfection! I haven't been around this forum too long but I'm starting to get the idea you are pretty good at all of this :emoji_wink:. Awesome job and thanks for sharing

Reactions: JLeonard
Looks fantastic, Robert! In fact, I have no idea what looks best: that plate with sirloin or jerky.... Everything looks delicious!
Very much appreciate the kind words. The jerky lasts a bit longer but both came out well. I'd been making jerky for over 30 years and kinda took a hiatus for a while. Then Jeff ( jcam222 jcam222 ) started making it and rejuvenated my love affair for the stuff.

Robert

Looks delicious as always Robert! Love that mushroom gravy on the sirloin as well! I could make that jerky disappear in a heart beat!
Thanks so much Ryan. The gravy was what really set the flavors over the top...but you know me and gravy :emoji_wink: Jerky came out really well. Changed technique on the last 2 batches and really like the outcome. Much better.

Robert

Oh man that looks incredible! Going to have to do that soon! I’m with Ryan on the Jerky too!
Very much appreciate the kind words Jed. I made a double batch of jerky this time to share some with the boss, who LOVES the stuff. Next time I might have to make a quad batch and start shipping it out to folks :emoji_wink:

Robert

• Love
Reactions: bauchjw
Very nice again Robert.
I'm with Ryan also the gravy looks stunning....and the jerky awesome

Glad you can spend some time floating and sipping
( Pool and margaritas taking up a lot of time )
Thanks so much David. As previously noted, the sirloin was fantastic but the gravy and 'shrooms put it over the top. The jerky is just afternoon finger food while trying to figure out what to make for dinner. As freakin' hot as it's been, if not for the pool, the commercial ice maker, and the margaritas, we'd both have gone by the wayside from heatstroke.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Everything looks really darn good. Being a fairly new to the jerky gig, would it be rude of me to ask what cure and marinade you used? That looks amazing. My last attempt I think I will use to replace the soles of my work boots. Not good.
Best regards and thank you for the post.

Beef perfection is what I call this Robert. I really like the simplicity here with just Worcestershire, S&P and smoke. Definitely hits the yum meter with a solid 10! And...Two great meals plus snacks to BOOT! BTW: the mushroom & beef gravy looked killer as well. How'd you go about that? Any wine included?

Looks great Robert. A+ on the cook and presentation.
Thanks so much Chris. Was not really intended to be post worthy but that last pic made me decide to go ahead and toss it out here.

Robert

Fantastic looking meal Robert, as always!
I bet those roast beef sammies were to die for!
Very much appreciate it Al. The dinner was very good and we had roast beef sammies two days later...wow!! The were super good. Kind of hard to beat that when served on fresh baked Artisan sub rolls. Just guessing that there may be a roast beef sammie or two in your near future :emoji_wink:

Robert

Fantastic looking meal there Robert, the plated shot with the mushroom gravy is drool-worthy! I bet the roast beef sandwich was spectacular and the jerky looks off the hook! I already made two big batches this past month, and I’m already wanting more!! Your batch will go fast unless it’s already gone.
Thanks so much Joe. The dinner was very good, the roast beef subs were fantastic, and the jerky is addictive. Got a couple friends hooked on the stuff now and it looks like the stuff is making the rounds here in the forum again.

Robert

Perfection! I haven't been around this forum too long but I'm starting to get the idea you are pretty good at all of this
The kind words are very much appreciated. When I found SMF I couldn't microwave a hot dog. The few things I've managed to dial in were all learned from the good folks here. This place is a resource beyond belief.

Robert

Reactions: CTXSmokeLover
Everything looks really darn good. Being a fairly new to the jerky gig, would it be rude of me to ask what cure and marinade you used?
Thank you for the kind words and it absolutely is not rude to ask. That's what we are all about here: helping others to learn. I just start with American Harvest original jerky seasoning. They come with separate packs of seasoning and curing salt which are measured out for 2# batches. I use the seasoning mix but only a small amount of the curing salt, and that's just for flavor. I weigh the meat in grams after slicing and use the appropriate amount of Cure #1. Mix the cure, the seasoning pack, and the small amount of salt in a bowl with about 1/2 cup of water for a 2# batch. Then I add Worcestershire sauce, black pepper (lots), cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper (lots) to the bowl. Mix it all up, pour it over the meat, and mix well by hand. Leave in the bowl overnight to marinate mixing a couple more times, then onto the dehydrator the next day. You can tell it's done when you bend a piece and see white lines in the meat. It should be pliable but not raw and you may have to pull the pieces off a few at a time. Some will cook faster than others. Also, I tend to rotate the trays about half way through. By that I mean move the top one to the bottom, keep pulling them off in that order and re-stacking them till the bottom one becomes the top.

Robert

Reactions: hooked on smoke
Beef perfection is what I call this Robert. I really like the simplicity here with just Worcestershire, S&P and smoke. Definitely hits the yum meter with a solid 10! And...Two great meals plus snacks to BOOT! BTW: the mushroom & beef gravy looked killer as well. How'd you go about that? Any wine included?
Some very kind words Matt, thank you. It was just kind of a fun weekend playing with the sirloin roasts. The gravy is certainly what set the meat over the top, although the roast was outstanding. No wine involved with the mushrooms this time but I have before. I'm too lazy to go back and read the whole thing but I believe I mentioned that it was a bourbon base this time.

Robert

"So simple yet so good. "

Well heck Robert, you've done it again. I've been busy lately and haven't been checking in here much and when I do get back, this is what's waiting. Simply (pun intended) outstanding, my friend...

Well heck Robert, you've done it again. I've been busy lately and haven't been checking in here much and when I do get back, this is what's waiting. Simply (pun intended) outstanding, my friend...
Welcome back Charles!! Very nice to see you again :emoji_wink: Hope you were busy for good reasons though. The kind words are appreciated my friend. Hooping to see a post or two from you soon.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky