Saturday Smoked Sirloin Roast (Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thank you
Thank you for the kind words and it absolutely is not rude to ask. That's what we are all about here: helping others to learn. I just start with American Harvest original jerky seasoning. They come with separate packs of seasoning and curing salt which are measured out for 2# batches. I use the seasoning mix but only a small amount of the curing salt, and that's just for flavor. I weigh the meat in grams after slicing and use the appropriate amount of Cure #1. Mix the cure, the seasoning pack, and the small amount of salt in a bowl with about 1/2 cup of water for a 2# batch. Then I add Worcestershire sauce, black pepper (lots), cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper (lots) to the bowl. Mix it all up, pour it over the meat, and mix well by hand. Leave in the bowl overnight to marinate mixing a couple more times, then onto the dehydrator the next day. You can tell it's done when you bend a piece and see white lines in the meat. It should be pliable but not raw and you may have to pull the pieces off a few at a time. Some will cook faster than others. Also, I tend to rotate the trays about half way through. By that I mean move the top one to the bottom, keep pulling them off in that order and re-stacking them till the bottom one becomes the top.

Robert

Thank you for the kind words and it absolutely is not rude to ask. That's what we are all about here: helping others to learn. I just start with American Harvest original jerky seasoning. They come with separate packs of seasoning and curing salt which are measured out for 2# batches. I use the seasoning mix but only a small amount of the curing salt, and that's just for flavor. I weigh the meat in grams after slicing and use the appropriate amount of Cure #1. Mix the cure, the seasoning pack, and the small amount of salt in a bowl with about 1/2 cup of water for a 2# batch. Then I add Worcestershire sauce, black pepper (lots), cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper (lots) to the bowl. Mix it all up, pour it over the meat, and mix well by hand. Leave in the bowl overnight to marinate mixing a couple more times, then onto the dehydrator the next day. You can tell it's done when you bend a piece and see white lines in the meat. It should be pliable but not raw and you may have to pull the pieces off a few at a time. Some will cook faster than others. Also, I tend to rotate the trays about half way through. By that I mean move the top one to the bottom, keep pulling them off in that order and re-stacking them till the bottom one becomes the top.

Robert
Very nice of you, thanks. I will be trying this as soon as I can.

if not for the pool, the commercial ice maker, and the margaritas, we'd both have gone by the wayside from heatstroke.

I hear you Robert , For our standards around here, it has been very hot and of coarse I was working over time to get 2 jobs finished.
Mona dragged me down to where she has her RV on the ocean. almost 10 deg. cooler and a breeze there . It was a nice couple days . But back now to the heat . Think I will sleep in the lake tonight. lol

David

little rubber ducky floaty things on your arms

I think I sent this to you before when we were thinking of your pool
I will just Tie a string to it to the dock so I don't wander off too far.
51VyMH3CXyL.jpg

I think I sent this to you before when we were thinking of your pool
This looks like it might work with a few mods. First off I'd be afraid you'd fall through the big hole in the middle and get eaten by sharks. Second is that I only see two beer holders. That's just not enough. Last issue I see is that there's not a large enough cup holder for a 30 ounce margarita. When you get here I'll breakout the welder and make these corrections for you :emoji_laughing:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Fine Looking Beef there, Robert!!
Thank you Bear!! I appreciate it sir. you're continuing to turn out some good looking stuff. More importantly though, I'm happy to see you rebounding and spending time back here among us. Keep on keepin' on my friend!!

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky