Saturday Night Maple/Cherry Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motocrash

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 25, 2017
Winchester,Va
My maple ( Homegrown, silver) produces almost invisible smoke and it's not very sweet, but it's tasty. Rubbed with "Epic Dry Rub" recipe found on the net, modified a little. On the double deuce kettle, one half- fist sized maple chunk and a smaller cherry on rack over my WSM 14 ring, with wings around the perimeter of aforementioned rack.

1632615611967.png

Broken open at joint to cool. Nice golden honey brown color from the maple, not much cherry color..... It was an interesting mix.

1632615722111.png

Looks great and am confident tasted the same

Looks fantastic!! It’s been too long since I’ve had wings. They sure have soared in price. I’ve never smoked with maple.

Those are great wings.
I have a pack in the freezer that will my last until these stupid prices settle down.
I have smoked with the maple from my trees, too. Not silver, but sugar. Great subtle flavor.
I always split my wings into flats and drums before cooking & smoking to avoid overcooking the flats

Those look fantastic!! I'd happily pay top dollar for a plate of the wings. Beautiful color on them, that's for sure. Excellent job.

Robert

Looks great!
Thanks SP.
Looks great and am confident tasted the same
Thanks man. They did taste pretty good!
Looks fantastic!! It’s been too long since I’ve had wings. They sure have soared in price. I’ve never smoked with maple.
Thank you Jeff. They are a ripoff, I trimmed a lot of skin off the thigh end to boot.
Those are great wings.
I have a pack in the freezer that will my last until these stupid prices settle down.
I have smoked with the maple from my trees, too. Not silver, but sugar. Great subtle flavor.
I always split my wings into flats and drums before cooking & smoking to avoid overcooking the flats
Thank you. I find I overcook them when they are separated!
Nice batch of wings

David
Thanks David, they were a little different than usual with the maple.
I like cooking whole wings for sure. Your‘s look exceptional! Very nicely done.
You're too kind. I find them juicier and tastier whole.
Man those look mighty tasty!
Thank you, they scratched the wing itch!
Looking good!
Jim
Thanks Jim.
Perfect color on those . I bet they were good . Nice work .
That 14 " WSM ring works great in the kettle .
Thanks chop. The wsm ring has kept me from getting a vortex, not sure how much better a vortex would/could work.:emoji_thinking:
Those look fantastic!! I'd happily pay top dollar for a plate of the wings. Beautiful color on them, that's for sure. Excellent job.

Robert
Thank you Robert. Sorry, they're not for sale. :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky