Salt the brisket ahead of time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks to everyone, I should have pics up during the weekend. I hope they look good.

It was extremely windy. So I went for the oven. All the advice really paid off. The next one will be smoked. I could tell how much better it would be with the smoke flavour, Just thinking of how I do my ribs and lamb legs. But i have to say it was still good. I tried to take some close ups so you could really see the texture. I think it needed more salt though.
Thanks everyone. I see enough posts related to smoking it, so I think I'll know what to do. I'll post pics once I do. Have a great weekend
20180330_182126.jpg
20180330_181807.jpg

Made the second one with more salt and left out the paprika altogether. Much better.
After slicing it I gave a small sprinkling of kosher salt.
Which leads me to my original question about salt.
When it comes to steak I feel fully comfortable with osmosis with salting 24 hours prior.
But does the logic hold up with brisket too ?
It would be great to know if I could get the salt to penetrate further into the meat with no other trade off.
But otherwise, giving a small seasoning adjustment afterwards is a small price to pay in order to insure I won't get another unwanted side effect.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky