Sad Day at HalfSmokes House

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 11, 2015
Maryland Eastern Shore
I've seen this posted by other members and I feel for them. Now it will be our turn at HalfSmokes house. Today we have an appointment with the vet to put one of family
friends to sleep. Very sad but she is 19 years old and has lived a great life. Has traveled even spend time in the Virgin Islands. She was originally our sons we had her since 2003.

lilo picture 2017.jpg

Will be greatly missed. Our next in line is 18 years old then 12 and 4 years old.

Warren

I'm so sorry, Warren. It sounds like you've given her an amazing life and I bet she loved you dearly. 19 years! You were definitely doing something right!

Reactions: JC in GB
Warren this breaks my heart. My wife Jana and I are active in dog rescue. We've been through this several times. We have an old stray in our barn right now (showed up yesterday - deaf and almost blind) We're trying to find her owner.

I'm a tough guy and this tears me up every time. Oh how we love the puppies......
19 years is a good run. You're in our thoughts.

So sad to hear the news. Loosing members of the family is never easy! Prayers for you and your family during these times!

I've seen this posted by other members and I feel for them. Now it will be our turn at HalfSmokes house. Today we have an appointment with the vet to put one of family
friends to sleep. Very sad but she is 19 years old and has lived a great life. Has traveled even spend time in the Virgin Islands. She was originally our sons we had her since 2003.

View attachment 434750

Will be greatly missed. Our next in line is 18 years old then 12 and 4 years old.

Warren
I know how you feel, though mine died from a heart attack worry over a female just down the road, I have had to put a few other family members (yes they do become family members) down and it never gets any easier at least for me.

Oh... I am so sorry, Warren... I can't even imagine how hard this is for you but absolutely can understand how you feel. 19 years is a very good run but it's never easy and extremely painful in any case....

Warren sorry for your loss it's never easy loosing a pet let alone one you've had that long

So sorry to hear. Our dausch is pretty old too. Shes a great pup, and rules the roost over the bigger dogs.

Sorry to hear this Warren. I haven't had to go through this yet, but will be in the near future. You and the Mrs. take care.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky