Sad Day Around Here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
Sad Day today, we had to have our little Schnauzer put down. She was 16 1/2

Gary

Sorry about your loss Gary, it's never easy especially after 16+ years.

Chris

I don't know you, but my thoughts are with you! Hardest thing for me was saying goodbye to my big guy Gibson. A friend of ours made this for us and it is the most beautiful thing I could have asked for his final resting place,
IMG_20170402_162129.jpg

IMG_20170402_162136.jpg
IMG_20170402_162148.jpg

I will still shed a tear for him once and a while, but mostly now I remember him and smile. Hope you can reach that point sooner than later. Take care.

Reactions: Walchit
never a easy thing to do, having dogs my whole life it's always the hardest decision to make, my condolences go out to you and your family.

Sorry for your loss. I will be going down that road in the near future. Take care

Sorry man! I lost mine on Christmas eve, got a new one a few weeks ago from my friend, an older retired female, only had her a couple weeks and she ate a sheet I through in the doghouse. We were only gone 2 hours. Then later that night she started acting weird. Turns out she had bloat, and had to be put down. She was really good with the kids too

So sorry. We have had to put down a few over the years. Some grew very old. Some had cancer. Tank just lost his mind and started attacking visitors, drawing blood, and kept attacking his best buddy, our older Beagle, that Tank had helped raise since Smalls was a 8 week old Pup...JJ

Thanks Guys Much Appreciated Probably the worst Birthday I ever Had

Gary

Condolences to all who loved him...

I have had to put two of mine down. One of the hardest things I have ever had to do, but I did the right thing by the dog both times. First one got a twisted stomach and nothing the vet could do for him. Dog was 13.5 years old and retired from hunting...vet gave him a 30% success rate on the surgery-if he even survived it. I chose to forgo surgery and put him down.
Second dog had cancer and it got to the point where his quality of life began to suffer greatly. Put him down @15.5 years old.

First one hit me real hard because it was unexpected...Poor guy was bloated with gas and obviously uncomfortable.

From one dog lover to another, Gary, I’m sorry for your loss. It’s always tough to lose a beloved pet. When Mrs. Red and I lost our beloved Lab a few years back, it hurt us both so much that we’ve been unable (so far) to replace him. I miss him still...

Red

Reactions: indaswamp
I still miss my yellow lab....he was a damn fine retriever and left a lot of paw prints on my heart.....

Paw Prints On My Heart
You came into my life one day, so beautiful and smart. My dear and sweet companion, I loved you from the start.

And though I knew the time would come, when we would have to part. You'll never be forgotten, you left paw prints on my heart.

Hang in there Gary, this too shall pass....

Reactions: GaryHibbert
Sorry to hear that Gary.
That is the reason we don't have pets anymore, can't stand to lose them.
I told Judy if she wants to pet something, I'm available!!
Al

Man Gary that's really tuff to us its like losing a family member which we feel ours are. It is never easy or ever will be if they are raised as part of your family.

Warren

We’re real sorry to hear that Gary.
I know how bad that hurts.
When we lost our Lab, Shadow, we agreed no more pets, because it hurts too much to lose them.
Then Mrs Bear talked me into keeping one of the 3 Kitties that their Momma left here.
I figured “Smokey” would outlive me, so I wouldn’t have to worry about losing him.
Now he was 10 years old on April 1st, so I don’t know what’s gonna happen.
I still think he’ll outlive me, so he’ll have to do the crying!!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky