S.O.S. - Smoked Dried Beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've read through this thread and found it very informative. I made BearCarver's dried beef with a dry cure on some venison a few weeks ago and it turned out great. I'm going to do much larger batch soon and putting all the pieces in bags takes up a too much room in my fridge.

Was thinking about doing this next batch using the wet brine and putting it in our walk-in at the ranch. I'm probably going to have 40-50 pieces (small mind you) and none are going to be over 2" think.

When it comes to meat to brine ratio.....is there one? Or just enough brine to cover all of the meat (i'll be doing it in multiple buckets/cambros)? No, just enough to cover it in curing brine.

Also, with the pieces being smaller and not needing to be injected, would I still go for the 21 days, or will a shorter time period work? 14 days would work.

Thanks in advance!

Patrick

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky