Dried Beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
8 pounds eye of round vac sealed after rubbing with TQ and brown sugar.

10 day cure, rinse, ice water soak, dry in fridge for pellicle.

Coat with coarse black pepper, onion and garlic powder.

Cold smoke then up to temp in oven.
20231013_174601.jpg

Good stuff. I pulled a pack of Bearcarver style dried beef out of the freezer two days ago. Reminded me that cool weather is close and time to make more.

Yup . With the temp drop here I finally had a successful cheese smoke .
Came home yesterday and ground a brisket and 2 pork butts . Getting ready to mix up some Krakauer and a beef / pork jalapeno cheddar SS .

Now I wish I had an EOR to cure up . Bill those are gonna be great . I love the TQ for doing this and the pork loins . Gives an over all better texture for my taste . I add some Reaper powder to the TQ for the beef .

Make sure you post up the results , so I can add it to my poster . Lol .

Reactions: bill ace 350
Yup . With the temp drop here I finally had a successful cheese smoke .
Came home yesterday and ground a brisket and 2 pork butts . Getting ready to mix up some Krakauer and a beef / pork jalapeno cheddar SS .

Now I wish I had an EOR to cure up . Bill those are gonna be great . I love the TQ for doing this and the pork loins . Gives an over all better texture for my taste . I add some Reaper powder to the TQ for the beef .

Make sure you post up the results , so I can add it to my poster . Lol .
Thanks! I usually spice the beef up after the pellicle has formed. Reaper out of my tolerance range, but might dust one with some habenero or ghost i have on hand. Been awhile since i made summer sausage. That needs to change.

Reactions: chopsaw
In the "new" smoker.

Seasoned with coarse black pepper, onion and garlic powder.

Brought them to room temp then in the smoker at 100 to dry some.

Then increase temp and add smoke.

Using my Kingsford pellet tube I got for 5 bucks.
20231024_095847.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky